• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I am thinking about selling my Gemtech Oasis Ruger 22/45 pistol. What is the best way to go about this. Are there any dealers that will, or can, take it on consignment? Also, if I wanted to display it for sale at my cousin's table at a gun show I assume that I have to be present?
    Gun Zone Deals

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    To answer your question, you would need to contact local dealers that sell suppressors and see if any of them are interested in taking the consignment, then begin the paperwork. Yes, a/the responsible person has to be present w/ the item at a gun show. Be prepared for VERY low offers.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The issue I see with reselling one is the wait for approval. The seller must hold it and all the money to satisfy ATF and security for the item. Who wants to give that kind of money to some stranger to hold for a year or so? I wouldn't. If you know the seller well then maybe. I went through this once and ended up backing out as there was no secure way to handle the transaction. As said before the value is next to zero because of this. If the cost was negligible for the item I may pay for the tax stamp only. But now I already have 4 for my needs and won't be buying any more. Still waiting for the last tax stamp.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Not worth it. It's not made anymore, and Gemtech is not in business any longer... so there's zero warranty support. You may be able to get a couple hundred bucks from a collector... but its no longer something that really would catch anyone's attention unless they were specifically looking for one.

Keep it, enjoy it, and pass it along to someone who will enjoy it when your time is up.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    No dealer is required to transfer an NFA item to a resident of the same state (in Texas). You fill out a form 4 as the seller and have the buyer fill in their information and then send to ATF with the $200 check. Technically the seller pays the transfer tax, but of course you can collect it from the buyer.

Top Bottom