Pumpkin...over one mile!!
    Target Sports

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    You are the one with the most experience being too close to explosions...
    I don't recall the exact equation, but the length of the fuse, is directly related to ones ability to run away.

Who says tree stumps can't fly?

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I'll bet tailgating at one of these events is a hoot!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Heh. When I worked in WA state, we had some engineers (ME) into this. They also had this game where they would put an old vacuum cleaner in a pan of gasoline (ETA: do NOT try this at home; very dangerous). Apparently, it creates an impressive fire tornado. Years later, one of them got his Boy Scout troop to build a huge trebuchet and brought it out and launched pumpkins a good 200 yards or so.

One of them was an amazing individual. Any time he did something, he did it 140%. No matter what it was. He decided he was into crotch rockets and got one and would head to Montana, where they had not real speed limit. Of course, he rode it into work one day and it was mangled. He was lucky to be alive. Another story was that he got into espresso drinks and almost killed himself with caffeine overdose. They claim that there is a JAMA article on him for that experience. I never confirmed this, but believe it.

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    More fun than an anvil

Sure there may be an excess of tanks where you live, but not here. I am pretty sure that the fellas at fort hood would not want to see it (unless it was a a Russian tank.)

A couple of anvils will never get much notice. A turret blown off is another story. I seem to remember some overachieving members that shall we say were careless with Tannerite at yearly shoots. Evidence exists on here if it has not been “cleansed” by the owners…

Top Bottom