• ...and so much more!
  • Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Well presented infomercial on the Serpa. I have heard pros an cons on the holster but have never seen one used .They hold tight to the body which
    would be a plus for me but are a bit noisy when the weapon is drawn I own only one Kydex holster and it has a home in the holster drawer but then it
    does not have the attributes that the Serpa does.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good perspective on the holster. Thanks.

It figures you'd find a way to stretch that into a 5min+ video.

Seriously, I am starting to annoy the heck out of myself. I have it all planned out, but as soon as I hit the record button I just seem to ramble on and drag it out. I have a few other clips I made last night and will get up later, which are pretty slow, but the next time around I'll try to cut it down and get straight to the point. ;) lol

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I would add that you don't need to depress the button all the way in. The button has more inward travel than is actually needed to remove the gun from the holster. That is probably why people curl their finger in, because they think that you need to push it further in. The method you showed works for me as well. I believe that to be the proper way. When executed properly, your finger has no way to end up inside the trigger guard on accident.

ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Nice to see a good video, with safety first. This holster is potentially dangerous! I've know more then one person now that shot themselves with this holster. It happens when someone pulls up on the gun before pressing the release. The weapon gets stuck, and if someone is in a hurry and presses everything harder. The weapon comes free with a finger on the trigger.

The bottom line is you! Practice with an empty gun, and draw your weapon a couple thousand times. After about 100 times, if you find the weapon coming out with your finger on the trigger, this is not the holster for you.

I carried one of these for months overseas. It was standard issue by the company. I worked everyday for months and still would fumble the draw every so often and come out with my finger on the trigger. Scarred me enough to buy my own holster. I now carry a Safariland ALS. It's just as fast, about the same price, more comfortable to wear, more secure, but not as concealable. Everything has a price.

Practice, Practice, Practice,

Stay Safe

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for joining us Ben. This is Travis. It was good talking to you the other week. Nice to have a refreshing and educated discussion with someone that is switched on, unlike the average customer. ;)

So how are you liking that ALS holster? I need to pick one of those up and try it out. Seems like an excellent retention design, without any of the potential downsides the SERPA has.

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    What Expat says. Practice, practice, practice, especially if the gear is new to you.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    By the time I got here, the link takes me to a "sorry-this-is-a-private-video" message. But I own a Serpa & I can read in context the comments here, & know that I'm doing it correctly.

Top Bottom