Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I thought I'd post a few tidbits along the way.

Look at the way the Russian shooter has her rifle severely canted. Lots of the top level shooters do that, some to a much greater degree than this. But like I said in the post where I did an overview of the equipment, the rifles these folks use are customizable in every way. There are curved-top sight mounts that allow the front and rear sights to be nowhere near directly above the bore...if that's the way the shooter can hold the rifle the steadiest. She appears to be using a custom front sight mounting block to perform this function. It may look all cattywampus but that's one of the ways you can win shooting medals at the Olympics.

Screenshot from 2021-07-24 09-54-18.png

BTW, these are the gold and silver medalists. The Russian was ahead by 0.2 until the last shot of the finals when she completely blew it, shooting an 8.9. The Chinese shooter also had a less-good-than-expected final shot with a 9.8 but that was enough to blow away the 0.2 lead the Russian had a few seconds previously.

Yeah, they're just silly, over-complicated air rifles in a competition that many would dismiss as an exercise in uselessness.

But if you're into it, those last two shots were absolutely thrilling.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm into it. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I re-checked to see if I could find any shooting sports on Peacock TV tonite. They don't list any of the events. If anybody has been able to use Peacock to see these events, please post about it here.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I re-checked to see if I could find any shooting sports on Peacock TV tonite. They don't list any of the events. If anybody has been able to use Peacock to see these events, please post about it here.

I was just fixing to post about this Ben. We have the Peacock Channel on our Roku device. (I'll have to wait until the wife gets home to get the login for it.) If you have a Roku device, you can get the Peacock Channel for free. On the Roku's home screen, you can directly access the Olympics and catch the highlights, as well as go directly to different sports and it will provide the times that will be shown.

You can get a Roku at Walmart and probably other places. They are very inexpensive and all they require is an access to your internet modem to work. Very easy to set up as well. Lots of free TV channels to watch.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    @benenglish
    This is why I refuse to watch these self righteous assholes be they amateur or professionals.

Fauck um all.

Pros make millions playing a faucking game yet disrespect the country that allows you to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    According to NBC app on Dish one time period was supposed to be air rifle, recorded the show, when I put it on there was boxing. Oh well.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    @benenglish
    This is why I refuse to watch these self righteous assholes be they amateur or professionals.

Fauck um all.

Pros make millions playing a faucking game yet disrespect the country that allows you to do so.

So Ben has nicely told you to stop posting why you won't watch.

This thread isn't about you or your feelings about the Olympics.

Ben has spent a lot of time trying to help us watch the shooting sports and you continue to shit in here.

Go start your own thread and tell everyone that cares about your feelings toward the US team.

I apologize Ben and don't mean to speak for you but I can feel your frustration. I will say it's okay if you tell someone to **** right off even though it's not your style.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    @Dawico pretty much summed up my thoughts as well.

Ben took considerable time and effort to post information for those that might be interested in watching the shooting sports of the Olympics. @benenglish just so you know, some of us do appreciate your efforts in doing this, and thank you for doing it.

@Texas45 If you don't want to watch the Olympics, then don't! Seems pretty simple to me and others. But stop trashing this thread! If others want to watch the Olympics, that is not your business. You have stated it enough your reasons, so okay fine we now get it.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    First, check the schedule here:

Once you've decided what you want to see, go to either of the two links below.

To watch the shooting events, mostly in their entirety, go to:

livestream.com/issf

I'm not showing that as a clickable link because, depending on how you're set up, livestream.com can sometimes throw up content that you weren't looking for. However, when the shooting is happening, that link will show most events in real time and will also archive the event so you can watch it at your convenience.

If you're really only interested in the finals, go to:

Both the NBC link and the issf-sports link may provide some information about when the events will appear on broadcast TV. However, my experience is that those segments are so buried, often in the middle of the night, that they're not worth chasing. I'll Tivo them if I can and I always enjoy them but, frankly, they're really not worth the trouble. NBC will also mention medal winners during their regular daily summaries but that's a 2-second blurb that's not worth trying to find.
    Thanks for posting this.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Dawico, Axxe, thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

Unfortunately, the A/C compressor at my house just blew up. Well, not exactly, but it started making an incredibly loud racket and then...nothing. Just the fan running. In a few minutes, there was nothing but hot air blowing from the vents.

Also unfortunately, both sis and I have un-cancellable doctor appointments on Monday and Tuesday. The A/C technician is scheduled for Wednesday.

What that means for this thread is that I'm typing this from a Marriott and I'll have to use my phone for my mod duties for several days. I can't update this thread with pictures and scores, etc., like I'd like to because there's just too much cutting/pasting/composing to get it all done on a phone. I may try the business center but that won't help much since I don't have access to my home library of online tools.

Sorry, guys, if I don't maintain this thread like I should. I'm going to try but I'm afraid the results won't be as deep a dive into the events as I had hoped to do.

ETA: This is the first time in a decade that I've wished I used a laptop as my primary computer. Phooey!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Dawico, Axxe, thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

Unfortunately, the A/C compressor at my house just blew up. Well, not exactly, but it started making an incredibly loud racket and then...nothing. Just the fan running. In a few minutes, there was nothing but hot air blowing from the vents.

Also unfortunately, both sis and I have un-cancellable doctor appointments on Monday and Tuesday. The A/C technician is scheduled for Wednesday.

What that means for this thread is that I'm typing this from a Marriott and I'll have to use my phone for my mod duties for several days. I can't update this thread with pictures and scores, etc., like I'd like to because there's just too much cutting/pasting/composing to get it all done on a phone. I may try the business center but that won't help much since I don't have access to my home library of online tools.

Sorry, guys, if I don't maintain this thread like I should. I'm going to try but I'm afraid the results won't be as deep a dive into the events as I had hoped to do.

You're welcome Ben, but we understand. Hopefully they get your A/C fixed soon. We do appreciate all the updates you have done in this thread, and you have no reason to apologize for anything. Take care of business as you need to.

We'll do the best we can in keeping with the spirit of this thread.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Last I checked this here was the internet and a public forum.

Enjoy the gaymes.

Actually, no it's not a public forum. When you joined, you agreed to abide by the TOS of this forum. Violating the TOS can get you banned from the forum. I think you know very well all about that, don't you? We are visitors or guests of the forum and are subject to their discretions of what they will or will not allow to be posted on the forum.

And some people, myself included, look at many of your posts and you constantly complain about everything. It is almost as if you go out of your way to complain about something on most threads you go on. Rather confusing to me. Why do you even bother being here if everything here is so bad?

This thread is a prime example of your complaining. If you feel as you do about the Olympics, and it's participants, that is entirely your choice. But to demean, or disrespect, or insult others because they do wish to view the Olympics is childish and immature on your part, and just plain hateful.

What I just wrote will more than likely fall on your deaf ears, or you will find some hateful way to ridicule it, but I'm saying it just the same, so that others know exactly what type of person you are.

Bless your heart, and enjoy your day sir.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I got on to that 'peacock' thing his AM, and it would seem that the only "Live" stuff is in the main link. The Peacock now tab. Or some such. Replays are available though. Of what, and for what coverage is unknown to me at the moment, as I'm still attempting to learn it. Think of it like another NBC channel, just on a computer.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Addendum: It's the "Tokyo Live" tab. Also from what I can decipher, most of the actual coverage is real time according to the Tokyo time zone.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There is a little on youtube but just little snipits. Wish there was more, I don't have the cable log in.
    If you have enough interest, sometime after the Olympics are over you can use the Livestream link in post #1 to view the events. At least I think that's where the ISSF archives the footage after the IOC embargo expires. If I learn more or can get that confirmed, I'll post about it in this thread.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom