APOD Firearms

How to you carry your permit while jogging or cycling?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've been cycling about 5 days a week. During the week in town, and on weekends out in the country.
    I have a kydex chest rig for my G19 that goes with me every time.

Its a pain to take my LTC permit out of my wallet each time and securing it somewhere and then putting it back in my wallet after each time.
    Is there any way to get around this without getting jacked up if I'm stopped while carrying?
    I usually don't carry my wallet with me, and sometimes not even my phone.
    I have my DL and Permit numbers memorized, but I know that won't cut it if stopped.

Any ideas? I'm afraid I'm going to leave it in a pair of shorts and not have it in my wallet or the other way around.
    Military Camp

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    If
    I've been cycling about 5 days a week. During the week in town, and on weekends out in the country.
    I have a kydex chest rig for my G19 that goes with me every time.

Its a pain to take my LTC permit out of my wallet each time and securing it somewhere and then putting it back in my wallet after each time.
    Is there any way to get around this without getting jacked up if I'm stopped while carrying?
    I usually don't carry my wallet with me, and sometimes not even my phone.
    I have my DL and Permit numbers memorized, but I know that won't cut it if stopped.

Any ideas? I'm afraid I'm going to leave it in a pair of shorts and not have it in my wallet or the other way around.

If it's a pain try the jailhouse shuffle some time because you don't have it. Surely if you can remember your pistol you can remember the papers to carry it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have a wallet that has a removable ID holder, it holds both my drivers license and LTC. I can put it in a small pocket.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Carrying your firearm without having your phone on you is a bad idea. If there is an incident the first person to call the police is presumed to be the victim as they get to tell their story first.

Just something to think about.
    If... there is still two sides that are able to tell a story.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    You should have your cellphone, wallet and keys with you at all times. There are a ton of bicycle seat bags on the market and hardware store cordura pouches. I use a tiny husky brand pouch from Home Depot. If you put your keys in the pouch you likely won’t forget your wallet and other junk. I mount my cell phone to the handlebars and have a Bluetooth headset for tunes when I ride.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I recently have been making my own holsters and with my own designs that custom fit me.
    I made a holster for my Ruger LCP that fits my left wrist, and is angled where I can get a quick draw:
    20170904_175619.jpg

So far, it works well and I have not had any issues with it. It sure beats carrying on the ankle or on the elastic of my warm-ups.

What type of firearm do you carry?
    I may be able to help you, and I can make pretty much anything for any handgun...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A pouch Velcro mounted on the frame sounds like a good idea
    As far as keys go, I have one house key on a small carabineer that I carry.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If... there is still two sides that are able to tell a story.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I know a few people that were approached by aggressive, pistol drawn police after an incident because they didn't call in first. The police holstered their weapons minutes later as the story unfolded and the initial report was proven false.

I was told in class to be the first to call in and my (limited) experience has shown that to be a good practice.

Top Bottom