Target Sports

How to you carry your permit while jogging or cycling?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    BTW, I think you would need the Texas version that would say
    LTC in order to be "legal" ..correct?
    Target Sports

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    There are tons of shirts and shorts sold that are specific to bike riders that have small zippered pockets. If you don't like the tighter shorts there are also some nice cargo shorts. You can go name brand (Fox, Cannondale, etc) but they will be expensive. Performance bike gear has generic brands that are reasonably priced as does Academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    This should cover the bike issue
    77ddedc8cc86867c9bc97941a041adbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pritchical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2017
    North Dallas
    When you remove the LTC from your wallet, just leave the wallet lying wide open on the dresser or whatever. That should spur memory to replace the license. Otherwise, clip a note to your keys.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I have one of the bags that velcro on the frame bars. It holds my wallet and phone. You can get one large enough to hold a pistol if wanted. You could try a fanny pack but I know that's uncool.

VMAX, what chest rig do you use?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Why would you need your DL on your bike? The LTC is legal ID.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    My thought train is that if the LTC can be verified through your DL, and if the DL can be confirmed through the number, why must one carry anything.
    Cards can be faked, and are verified via radio anyway, correct?

Changed bring, to be.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have one of the bags that velcro on the frame bars. It holds my wallet and phone. You can get one large enough to hold a pistol if wanted. You could try a fanny pack but I know that's uncool.

VMAX, what chest rig do you use?
    chest-holster1.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I bought this at Academy

21GPSZ-2.jpg

It is about 5X8 inches and has to snap straps on the back that go over the handle bars and hold it securely to the bike.
    It holds my wallet and cell phone and on days where I just want to carry a 38 snubby, it fits in the pouch just fine

Hell, I remember as a kid the only thing I had on my bike was a generator type head lamp.
    About 2 candle power...
    Now I have a molle bag with a gun, cell phone, wallet, Garmin GPS mounted on the handle bars, and a rear and front LED strobe light for safety and sometimes I wear my GoPro on my helmet.

sucker76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    How do you mitigate sweat on the fun and rust formation? I oil everything well and I still have a problem with the sweat attacking the metal and light surface rust on the side that touches my skin.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Can a LEO tell you have an LTC by running your DL?
    I'm positive they can from experience. I don't remember why I wasn't carrying at the time, I think I ran somewhere and just didn't think about it, but I do remember getting pulled over and after he ran only my drivers license he came back and asked me where my gun was. I think I told him that I forgot to grab it and it's at home. I ended up getting a warning and was on my way.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    Hey hey, so I am pretty into competitive mountain biking and figuring out a way to carry was a major priority after I was chased by two rabid pitbulls three years ago.

Here is my method:
    I wear a camelbak whenever I am biking. I keep my phone, wallet, keys, knife, and bike stuff (multitool, bike tool, spare tube pump, etc) in there. I don't like having a gun off my person (on the bike or in the bag) as if I spill or if something happens, the off person carry methods don't keep the firearm on me.

5.11 sells an UnderArmour like shirt that has pockets with a strong velcro under each armpit area. I keep a smaller pistol in my non-dominant side pocket and then an extra mag and can of pepper-spray in the other side pocket.

I wouldn't recommend a full sized gun in a shirt like this, but something small like a Shield or G26 should be fine.

I wear the aforementioned shirt under another tshirt or something where it is obscured. My draw is slower as I have to lift up the other shirt, but it's much faster than keeping it in a bag.

Appendix carry or 5'oclock carry don't work well for biking because if you spill, you will likely have the gun forced into organs that don't appreciate that.

sucker76

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I was wondering about those shirts and shorts meant for conceal carry. I'd like some input from others. Sweat coming through is the issue right now with regular shorts and t shirt.

Top Bottom