Guns International

How to you carry your permit while jogging or cycling?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    I was wondering about those shirts and shorts meant for conceal carry. I'd like some input from others. Sweat coming through is the issue right now with regular shorts and t shirt.
    You will absolutely have to wipe the gun down after each use. Even with a solid sweat shield in place, sweat evaporating from you and the shirt will still get in / on the gun. Compromises are always going to be needed, but for on-person carry in an active situation (biking, running, canoeing, etc), the gun will get dirty in almost every case.

Though they certainly aren't the best out there, I keep a few single-use Remwipes in my vehicle and biking bags. I can wipe down all of the important parts of the gun with those. They also clean knives fine too.
    ARJ Defense ad

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I have one of the bags that velcro on the frame bars. It holds my wallet and phone. You can get one large enough to hold a pistol if wanted. You could try a fanny pack but I know that's uncool.

VMAX, what chest rig do you use?
    Ditto here.

I have a small bag on the frame for allen wrench, tube, patch, it could also hold my flip phone or a small gun if ALL that other stuff were out.

I've got another small bag that clips on the front of the handle bars that would hold a couple flip phones. That is where I usually put my phone and a couple bucks or just a credit card. I don't need a gun or wallet or license to carry or swords and lasers or cannons, canteens or sippy cups when I'm out on my bicycle. I ride 8 miles to town, drink a bottle of water, ride home. It takes about an hour.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I remember an incident one time out riding, and came upon a bike wreck. Stopped to help, and he asked us to look for his Kimber that went flying during the wreck.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    I remember an incident one time out riding, and came upon a bike wreck. Stopped to help, and he asked us to look for his Kimber that went flying during the wreck.

That sucks, I hope he found it! That is one of the big reasons I am a big fan of on body carry basically all of the time. If it is well secured to you, a car, boat, motorcycle, or bike wreck shouldn't let the gun fly away.

I was biking the Ridgeland Trails in MS two years ago and I managed to take the "rollercoaster" hills at around 23 MPH which was too fast for the last hill. Long story short, a large oak tree was kind enough to stop my fall forward. I broke my helmet and everything that was attached to my bike was ripped off on the fall down a 30 ft or so hill. Gun was still in my 5.11 shirt and my backpack was fine, though slightly ripped and scuffed.

Top Bottom