• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpz1100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    she asked about going but she needs to stay off her feet, so i wouldn't take her. she rode with me to conroe though to pick up some lowers that came in. couple more doctor visits and we should know what direction the recovery will take.

we were wondering if it was a decent show or a flop...

bayouhazard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    so...how was the show?
    You didn't miss much.

I haven't been to a gun show in years but it was the last one before Obama so I went for hysterical porpoises. Good golly Miss Molly! I fondly remember the big shows at the Astrohall in the 1990s and I was really disappointed in what I saw Sunday. If that's what gun shows have become then it's not worth fighting the Obamatons over it.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I didn't see much money changing hands and there sure were a lot of EBRs being toted around with ridiculous prices on them, looking for a personal sale.

On another note, I think war memorabilia helps set the mind into a defensive mode and might encourage sales of weapons. What does the table after table (after table, after table) of glitter packed blouses and jewelry have to do with home defense, sport shooting or weapon collecting?

There was a gem and jewelry show next door so I don't think invading our "man-territory" was necessary. My bride and a friend went to it but didn't say a thing about them selling chainsaws or chain-hoists there.
    IT IS NOT FAIR!

I did like the absence of a large crowd though.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I sold a pistol. Then went to buy a Colt 1911 that I have been saving up, for the past 2 years. The best price for a Colt SS, XSE lightwieght Commander was $800. Tried to buy it from a dealer from Dallas, but they were so busy they wouldn't even look my way, when I waved. Then I saw the line of guns on the floor (~20) waiting for paper work, that I changed my mind. I finally came across the same gun at a dealer that was from the Houston area (Clute), who had it for the same price and only had 5 people (about a 20 muinute wait) in front of me. At the end of the day I went home with a Colt 1911 commander.

By the way.... +1 on: "Prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife"

RandyM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Seabrook, TX
    Hgca

Well to start with the show was the same weekend as the SHOT show in Orlando, which is the largest firearm and acc. trade show in the country, So there were not as many tables.
    Sales wise, I sold about 24 guns.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom