• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I have a pair of Howard's and I love them, up until two days ago and they stopped doing anything. The are essentially a pair of ear muffs now. Anyone else had problems with them and how does Howard handle warranty issues.

Yes I changed the batteries, and I tested both batteries before I installed them and they both are at 1.62 volts.
    Guns International

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    How long have you had them? I bought mine 4½ years ago, they still work just fine.

I believe they have a 24 month warranty, but you need the dated receipt.

Click here and scroll down to product information. There is a link for warranty info.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’ve had no problems with mine. Had them for a while now, don’t use them all the time since I mostly shoot suppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I bought a pair in the spring, used them once, took them out in the fall and dead. Changed batteries, nope. They were bought thru Amazon and they refunded my money. No more for me.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Mine about three years old and doin fine...always pull the batteries if they are going to sit for more than a week.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Impact Sport with 23 db Noise Reduction Rating or the newer ones with a rating of 30 NRR? (that I'm thinking of getting)

I have Impact Sport and are quite old and still work like a champ.

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I had a pair die on me during a defensive shooting class. Bought another pair because I couldn’t find a another set that would work well with rifle work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Have 5 pairs of the Green ones for 6 years (for students) all still working and they get used almost daily.......did you know they recommend changing the ear cushions every 6 months? The cushions harden over time and become less effective. I recently changed all ours out with new ones (hygiene kits are about 7 bucks). I have two pair of the 30 db rated ones I use personally. I prefer them over the Sport. Tough to use with rifles though as they are larger. Just changed out the ear cushions on those too......makes a world of difference. If your ear cushions are no longer very soft and pliable or look collapsed......change them.

http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/hygiene-kits

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Well, the end of the story is that, I got them out and sat down to call Leight about warranty coverage, and while on hold, I put them on and turned them on, and WTF, they worked? I've taken them shooting three times since, and they are working normally! Didn't change anything or touch anything, they just work! Oh well, that's all I wanted them to do, so WIN!

Top Bottom