• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dont have a big house, yard or garage so im a bit more limited than some of you country folk.

They got these at Tractor Supply Company. 305 gallons. Made for water storage.

How would something like this work? Can they deal with sunlight?

Is about 4 ft tall and 3 feet across.

I suppose durability in the harsh sun, water going bad, freezing and cracking and if it needs to be on a flat concrete slab or can sit on the grass are my main concerns.
    8ubegyje.jpg

aba6yqup.jpg

-Without Life there can be no Liberty-
    ARJ Defense ad

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Potable Water??? Food Grade?? Yes on a good flat surface. Don't know what you drive, but check craig's list Houston. 275g +/- Square with Aluminum cages and Food grade. I stacked 2 in garage, add a shot of bleach then fill. I rotate water into flower beds every couple of months. She, I and 2 labs will not be thirsty.

FOOD GRADE WATER CONTAINERS/TANKS 275 Gallons

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Potable Water??? Food Grade?? Yes on a good flat surface. Don't know what you drive, but check craig's list Houston. 275g +/- Square with Aluminum cages and Food grade. I stacked 2 in garage, add a shot of bleach then fill. I rotate water into flower beds every couple of months. She, I and 2 labs will not be thirsty.

FOOD GRADE WATER CONTAINERS/TANKS 275 Gallons

I hate to take up that much space in my garage but that may be a good spot for this. Flat surface, out of the sun (but not heat). Yes these are meant for water so i suppose that makes them food grade. Super expensive though. I have also considered going with multiple barrels so if i bust one i still have the others instead of one large container.

Ill need to buy local and probably have someone deliver it. Me being a backwards Texan and not having a truck and all.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I bought and installed the 1550 gal. tank from Tractor supply last year and hooked it up to catch run off from my roof. Check out this website for everything you need to know: catchtexasrain.com

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I hate to take up that much space in my garage but that may be a good spot for this. Flat surface, out of the sun (but not heat). Yes these are meant for water so i suppose that makes them food grade. Super expensive though. I have also considered going with multiple barrels so if i bust one i still have the others instead of one large container.

Ill need to buy local and probably have someone deliver it. Me being a backwards Texan and not having a truck and all.

The black ones are for potable (human) water, the white (clear) are for stock or gardens only.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    In regards to those food grade containers what kind of pressures are they rated to? Can they handle 'normal' domestic water pressures of 50-75 psi??

The reason I ask is if so, they could be daisy chained together with the incoming supply and that would always keep them fresh. In the event of an emergency where the water supply might be becoming contaminated, you shut off the valve and have all that water in reserve. For a short term solution you could hook up you air compressor to one to re-pressurize it for normal flow into the home.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Bury it if you're tight for room, leaving half of it sticking up. Build a little shed around it

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Last edited:

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    The square type I have are not. bottom drain and big vent on top. I have a marine / RV on demand pump set-up, but can just gravity feed.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Careful about which tanks you consider for burial, the Tractor Supply tanks expressly caution against direct burial.

Top Bottom