• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I wasn't a lurker. Guy from another site recommended this to me. M4C. Told me things are a little different here, but there's a good bunch of folks. So I thought I'd join up.
    I'm a native Texan, joined the Army and traveled with Uncle Sam's Traveling Circus for 15 yrs. ETSs as an SFC, spent the majority of that in MI, tactical level. Now I just put bacon on the table consulting. Grew up hunting in East Texas as much as I could and still get a passing grade and not get expelled for too many no-show's. Absences I think they call them. Sold all my guns before I left for Ft. Sill, OK and other than a bolt gun here or a .44 magnum there, never replenished my supply. Ran into a Army buddy, SF guy who had built a few AR's. Took one look at a 12.5 he built....and it was all over. Spousal Unit gave me the greenlight to build ONE AR, but I may have been involved the the construction of not just one, but I can neither confirm nor deny such activities.
    So a large part of my enjoyment of my 2A Privileged Right is building AR's. I've built quite a few. Every single one, I'd take into combat. None of them are "pretty" with shiny doodads on em, but if that' floats your boat, the rock on.

I hope to meet some local folks, it would be fun to get to know fellow shooters in the area. Obviously, I am sure to learn a lot so I'm thankful up front for that.

Thanks for having me.

God bless the Republic and our military, and all you deplorable riff-raff!!

Nice to meet y'all!

Robert
    Hurley's Gold

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Welcome Robert and thank you for your service from the NE corner of Harris County.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I may be deplorable riff raff but I didn't abandon East Texas. :p

What can I say? Many are called....few are chosen. I did bad things in the dark

But besides that rather clever reply, don't think I ranked the Central Texas anywhere near East Texas, however this is where Uncle Sam sent me, and as much as I love my Piney Woods (I grew up in the Big Thicket) , regarding the town I grew up in, I have absolutely zero desire to return to that town. However, I could easily see myself in the Tyler area, not in town of course. There are no pine trees here. I brought a sapling back and planted it. It died. So I brought another back and it died. I got a third and it died. I planted the fourth one with about 1/2 pick up bed of East Texas sandy loam and it lived., but eventually it died. By this time I had determined it was the water that was killing my pine trees. It was way too hard, the water. The rainfall managed to keep it alive longer. I was a logger before I joined the Army, so I have a very personal relationship with pines. LOL

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Howdy!

What did an MI man do at Fort Thunder (Sill)?

Be well.

Ya know when I was back at Ft Sill, in the Big Deuce battalion we had a mascot there named "Short Round". He was a goat and the compadre to SGT. Big Deuce who was a donkey.
    I think he was Big Deuce V, the precious 4 having met their demise from various reasons.
    Bn Cdr's driver and CSM driver were responsible for the care and upkeep.
    And no, I never had that job description.

Top Bottom