• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Welcome from Killeen.
    And I am not deplorable, I am just a plain old jerk.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Howdy neighbor. I lived in Harker Heights when I was stationed at Hood. Moved up the road a little but still make it out to Killeen every now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Hey Robert, glad to see you here!

What was your MOS?

Started out 13B, hard stripe corporal, then SGT, re-upped for 96H back when they ran surveillance equipment in the right seat of an OV-1D Mohawk, dos about 750 hours there. Then when the Army mistakenly retired the airframe, I took assignment down at the tactical level kn an MI company sliced out to 1BCT 4ID mostly. Provided Intel - UAV, JSTARS (which is what replaced the OV-1) HUMINT, had Rembass, CI, SIGINT, COMINT .... Stuff like that.

What about you?

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Wildcat country. Temple-Belton....

And you were saying about not being in whose part of CenTex brother? Lol

Cool. I work in Belton, and ref football games all over. But grew up in Rogers and lived in Temple for a dozen years. Not many in this area, and assumed Killeen/HH/CC due to the retired military.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Cool. I work in Belton, and ref football games all over. But grew up in Rogers and lived in Temple for a dozen years. Not many in this area, and assumed Killeen/HH/CC due to the retired military.

That is very cool. You are the first neighbor I've met on the forum. That's a logical assumption to make though. I spent 15 yrs in active duty. ETS'd and ended up getting a job in Temple. (And a wife)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    What can I say? Many are called....few are chosen. I did bad things in the dark

But besides that rather clever reply, don't think I ranked the Central Texas anywhere near East Texas, however this is where Uncle Sam sent me, and as much as I love my Piney Woods (I grew up in the Big Thicket) , regarding the town I grew up in, I have absolutely zero desire to return to that town. However, I could easily see myself in the Tyler area, not in town of course. There are no pine trees here. I brought a sapling back and planted it. It died. So I brought another back and it died. I got a third and it died. I planted the fourth one with about 1/2 pick up bed of East Texas sandy loam and it lived., but eventually it died. By this time I had determined it was the water that was killing my pine trees. It was way too hard, the water. The rainfall managed to keep it alive longer. I was a logger before I joined the Army, so I have a very personal relationship with pines. LOL

Kinda stubborn, ain't ya? :what:

Do you have remorse for torturing and murdering all those trees?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom