• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Lived in TX since 1983. Spent the last 4 years living outside Texas, had to leave to find a job. Now I'm back. Going to stay this time, won't repeat the mistake of leaving Texas again.

Spent the last two years in California. Best day ever was a couple months ago when the boss called and said I was being laid off. My first thought was "Now I get to return to Texas!" I gotta say, it's great to breathe free air again. I had a gig that allowed me to drive across Arizona once a month. I loaded up the company car with every firearm I had and made sure to stay in Yuma to shoot at their free outdoor range (Adair Range). Built myself a CA-legal AR-15. Yes such a thing does exist and you would not believe how complicated and twisted the gun laws are there, and how they are starting to fall in the face of legal attacks from organized CA gun owners (Calguns foundation & Calguns.net) They are truly under attack from the anti-gunners but fighting back and they are winning. I sold the AR-15 rifle before I bugged out, needed the money. Managed to hang on to everything else.

So I'm still looking for a gig. Know anyone hiring in high tech (RF/Microwave, test equipment, software, semiconductor) direct sales (BSEE+MBA), I'm the guy. DFW Area, will not relocate.

-Mark
    DK Firearms

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    CA was great, scenery was fine, San Diego had good weather but I'd go hiking with the family and see the Mountain Lion warning signs and think, how the heck am I going to protect my family if a big cat attacks? Wave my hands? Throw rocks?

I have a better idea. How about 13 well placed rounds from a hot and smoking Glock 21? Some people could get a CHL in CA but most could not. Depended on which county you were in and if your sheriff was in a good mood.

Things are changing there rapidly. We do need to support the gun owners there who are under siege. They are truly our brothers in arms.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom