Howdy from a Texas Buckeye!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Flyerman, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Flyerman

Flyerman New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Hey guys. my name is Greg, and i was born and raised a yankee, but try not to hold that against me. i have always been interested in guns, but have wanted to get a gun for about the past 3-4 years. of course, my beautiful wonderful wife has taken all this time to finally come around to actually liking the idea. so, having no firearm training or exposure, i am going to have to dive into this culture headfirst. i need to, to protect my home, my wife and baby daughter. any help along the way from some of you gun gurus would sure be appreciated.

i can play the harmonica and make some great homebrewed beer, so that's an offer in return for any help.

hope to meet some of you in the future!

2. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Yankee -- someone from the north.

Damn yankee -- a yankee that won't go back.

:D

Welcome to the boards (from a fellow yankee transplant!)!

3. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    howdy and welcome, post up and enjoy

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    welcome to the forum.what kind of guns do you shoot?or want to shoot?

5. Flyerman

Flyerman New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    well, i want to shoot just about everything and everything i can get my hands around, for the experience. but i have read a lot about the famous 1911, and while that is the gun i ultimately want to carry permanently, i don't think i should start off with the big dog at first. i like the springfield XD .45 ACP. i also would like to try my hand at a Henry rifle, mostly since they are made here in the US. and i really want to see how much a Mossberg 500 kicks. cowboy action shooting looks like a whole heap o' fun, so i want to accumulate enough guns to get into that.

6. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    XD is great to start with.I have not heard any bad things about these guns.My buddy has a shop and he sells these.I have a XD 40 and love this gun.

7. LHB1

LHB1 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Welcome to the forum. Always room for another shooting enthusiast and 1911 fan.