• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Hey guys. my name is Greg, and i was born and raised a yankee, but try not to hold that against me. i have always been interested in guns, but have wanted to get a gun for about the past 3-4 years. of course, my beautiful wonderful wife has taken all this time to finally come around to actually liking the idea. so, having no firearm training or exposure, i am going to have to dive into this culture headfirst. i need to, to protect my home, my wife and baby daughter. any help along the way from some of you gun gurus would sure be appreciated.

i can play the harmonica and make some great homebrewed beer, so that's an offer in return for any help.

hope to meet some of you in the future!
    Target Sports

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Yankee -- someone from the north.

Damn yankee -- a yankee that won't go back.

:D

Welcome to the boards (from a fellow yankee transplant!)!

Flyerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    well, i want to shoot just about everything and everything i can get my hands around, for the experience. but i have read a lot about the famous 1911, and while that is the gun i ultimately want to carry permanently, i don't think i should start off with the big dog at first. i like the springfield XD .45 ACP. i also would like to try my hand at a Henry rifle, mostly since they are made here in the US. and i really want to see how much a Mossberg 500 kicks. cowboy action shooting looks like a whole heap o' fun, so i want to accumulate enough guns to get into that.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    XD is great to start with.I have not heard any bad things about these guns.My buddy has a shop and he sells these.I have a XD 40 and love this gun.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom