• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Austin
    Greetings folks, a buddy of mine just referred me to the site because I'm in the market to buy/sell a handgun, but, despite having grown up around firearms, hunting with my pop, etc, haven't been very active with it over the last several years and wanted to learn more about TX gun laws, gun rights, CHL and general firearm info/reviews. Looks like this is a great place to start.

Been in Austin for 25 years, have a teenage daughter and a pretty darn good lookin' girlfriend (if I don't say so myself...) who I'd like to familiarize with handguns and when I'm not doing the dad/work/domestic thing, I like to beat myself up doing some (trail/dual sport/enduro) motorcycle riding.
    Target Sports

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Welcome! I was kinda the same way. Grew up with guns and then fell out of it for several years. Really got back into them a couple years ago. Be sure to get your daughter shooting as well as your significant other!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    wolf at the door

Greetings folks, a buddy of mine just referred me to the site because I'm in the market to buy/sell a handgun, but, despite having grown up around firearms, hunting with my pop, etc, haven't been very active with it over the last several years and wanted to learn more about TX gun laws, gun rights, CHL and general firearm info/reviews. Looks like this is a great place to start.

Been in Austin for 25 years, have a teenage daughter and a pretty darn good lookin' girlfriend (if I don't say so myself...) who I'd like to familiarize with handguns and when I'm not doing the dad/work/domestic thing, I like to beat myself up doing some (trail/dual sport/enduro) motorcycle riding.
    welcome from kyle texas mine dont shoot yetbut am workin on it. self defense is important. yes even in austin

balance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Austin
    Welcome! I was kinda the same way. Grew up with guns and then fell out of it for several years. Really got back into them a couple years ago. Be sure to get your daughter shooting as well as your significant other!

Thanks all.

The first (and only) time my SO shot a shotgun, she was picking off clay targets like it was going out of style. Talk about hot! My kiddo, on the other hand, hasn't shot yet, but she isn't the the squeamish type so I'm not too worried about her picking it up. That being said, might need to reconsider selling/trading my XD 9mm for another handgun - I would think the XD is a good place for her to start.

balance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Austin
    welcome from kyle texas mine dont shoot yetbut am workin on it. self defense is important. yes even in austin

Agreed. It seems that a lot of folks these days are more conditioned to fear firearms than they are to fear some kind of incident where they have to defend themselves. Earlier this week a co-worker told me of hearing an 'explosion' in their kitchen in the middle of the night and, instead of being prepared to defend his home and his family, he called the police using 'that's what they're there for' to justify his actions. While I understand some people don't own and aren't comfortable with firearms, the idea this person (one among millions I'm sure) had no desire to assess the situation and respond to it without or before getting the law involved was something I just couldn't understand. Turns out a large glass water bottle decided it had had enough and blew itself up in his cupboard, but there have been increased break-ins in our part of town (desperate times = desperate measures) and the last thing I want is for anyone in my home to be unprepared to deal with whatever comes our way.

Top Bottom