• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ol Zeke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Burleson, TX
    Hi. I’ve been a member here for a while, but was just readin’ a thread where the OP hadn’t introduced himself here, and got blasted.

I wasn’t aware that I was in violation of ‘Forum Etiquette’ so …. here goes.

Howdy.
    My name’s JB. I’m a fifth generation Texan who’s lived in and around the DFW area for the last 50 years.
    I began shooting black powder with my Dad, when I was about seven. ‘Been shooting a little of everything else since.
    I got interested in handguns early and owned both, long and short, at ages that would be illegal today. In fact, I first carried when it wasn’t legal (I’m pretty sure the statute of limitations is out on that), and have carried legally since ’96. Obviously, I didn’t do anything stupid, before, or I couldn’t carry legally now.

My Dad was a self-made gunsmith (a craftsman and an artist, really) and made all of his own black powder guns. All were replicas of early gunsmith’s work. Obviously, I couldn’t help but learn somethin’, being raised in that kind of background. But, alas, I didn’t inherit the ‘artistic’ part and have settled for the ‘craftsman’ part.

My passion has always been 1911’s but I also have several Glocks and ….. well you name it. :1zhelp:
    Suffice it to say, I am the proverbial ‘Gun Nut’ and have been a part of the ‘Gun Culture’ for longer that many of you have been in long pants (or, for that matter, know what that means).

For the last six years, I have done everything I can to carry everywhere, all the time (age’ll do that to you).

I look forward to interacting with all of you and doing a fair amount of lurking.

Warning! My sense of humor is not always PC, but I really don’t care (age’ll that for you, too). However, I try to always be polite.

Ol’ Zeke

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Howdy!

Only a sorry a$$3d insecure nobody would take you to task for an improper (unoffensive) introduction.

Welcome and thanks for being a fifth generation, gun toting Texas citizen.

Top Bottom