Howdy from Georgetown

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by erndog105, Nov 2, 2008.

1. erndog105

erndog105 New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Thought I would intro myself. Been looking for locals with common interest in guns and shooting. Is there an active club of gun owners in and around Austin area, RR or Gtown?
    I have been into collecting Lugers using CCR FFL. Collecting on hold due to high cost of lugers now. Now worried about what can and can not get purchased after election.
    Anyway, look forward to getting together at future shoots.

2. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to the forum.

3. TJ Willy

TJ Willy Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    Welcome!

4. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Welcome aboard!

5. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Welcome!

6. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome to the forum.

7. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Welcome from another new member erndog105.

8. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for joining up!

Make it a point to tell your friends.

Start posting! We want to hear from you.

9. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for joining us. I am located in south Austin, as is Texas1911 (he's the owner, we both created the site). I'm always up for doing absolutely anything! ;) Lately I've had an incredibly busy schedule with work, and am working nearly every weekend.

Hmm, if you don't mind Erndog, I will probably have some questions for you regarding the C&R license in the near future. I've been thinking about getting one as there is a ton of C&R mils-surp stuff I really want to buy.

10. erndog105

erndog105 New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    HK, CCR is great if you are into antiques. BATF is very helpful with Q&A also. You get the aplication from them (form ATF 7CR). Once issued, you get notified of state gun laws, Fed firearms regs and list of C&R firearms. Mainly you can purchase and sell antiques over the internet without going through a FFL since you are a FFL ( for antiques). You also have to notify (not ask for permission) your local LEO (sheriff or Police Chief. No problem in Williamson Cty.
    Down side, big brother knows you exhist and you are open to unannounced inspections of guns and records by the ATF, but I have not had that experienced. Probability is low since they are kept busy inspecting the Commercial FFL dealers. If you need anything else I will try and assist.