• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RJP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Granbury, TX
    New to this forum, although I have been visiting for a while. My home defense weapon is an XD 45ACP service and my backup is an M&P 9mm compact. My wife has a First Edition Walther PPS. Great forum, thanks.
    Rick
    Military Camp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here. Yeah, I must confess XD's are actually growing on me a bit. I used to downright hate them. I still like the M&P better, but I'm starting to like pretty much ANYTHING now in a double stack .45 considering the Glock 21 is just too ridiculously large. ;)

RJP, how does your wife like the PPS? Just curious but, do you happen to have an idea how much felt recoil it has compared to say your M&P9C? Off and on I have considered a PPS for a carry gun, though I can never find one local to really handle or try out.

RJP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Granbury, TX
    My wife likes the PPS because it is quite thin and fits her hands the best. Felt recoil seems to be just a bit more than my MP9c, but the accuracy is real good. I've shot about 1300 rounds through the PPS and about 1500 through the MP9c. The XD is a slightly larger and heavier gun, but is very accurate and holds 13 + 1 of .45, hence the bedside gun. Thanks for the welcomes. Have a great day.

Top Bottom