• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Covert53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Hey folks,

Greetings from Fredericksburg, VA (Unfortunately its Redskin Country). I'm a former Dallas-Arlington-Fort Worth resident with a great fondness for all-things Texas. I spent 12 years in the USAF in both flying and ground assignments. Now I work in federal law enforcement/national security for a very well known agency in Washington.
    I'm a Glock guy (G23) but looking for my first 1911.

Looking forward to reading/posting here at TGT.
    Gun Zone Deals

Covert53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    The benefits are great if you can get in. But for some of us you have to live in the heart of Obamaland. As for my agency, hint: just turned 100. You also have NSA, DIA, CIA, NGA, and some non-three letters like NCIS and AFOSI. But my employer is one of the ones you mentioned.

Would you like the yellow or light blue cupcake carrier? ;-) (Seriously, that stuff ain't cheap either. Almost the cost of nice box of JHP ammo)

Covert53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    I do believe we turn 101 next month but either we we've been around a looong time. Re 1911: I guess the answer is one I can afford. Salary is not one of those fed benefits that is great...but its better than state or local pay. If I had the cash I would get a Nighthawk commander of some sort. I'd be very happy with a Kimber, namely a Custom TLE II. I'm also intrigued about a Colt but the jury is still out. I have not heard too much against Colt, if any. Its just I don't hear the "knowledgable experts" talk about them when they converse about the leading (better?) 1911 makers out there.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hmmmmmm, Virginia!
    Home of several federal government agencies?
    Admittedly a G-man????
    FBI founded July 1908 – plausible!
    DHS – to new but created from Department of Health Education and Welfare.
    DEA – to new – established in July 1973.
    BATF - possible but can be traced back as part of the Justice department which was formed in 1886.
    So my thinking is one of the many faces of the FBI or BATF but I’ll go with the FBI.
    Now if you’re in Fredericksburg City the travel distance to TRIANGLE/QUANTICO gate is approximately 25 miles. If in Rockridge County the travel distance is approximately 155 miles to Quantico, so I’m going with Fredericksburg City if in fact Mr. Covert 53 you’re in Virginia at all – ROFLMAO!!!!

Well I’ll give a Texas HOWDY anyway!! LMAO
    Guess ya got to do something for a living.

Howdy and welcome.
    And when you have reached that point where Politics, Social Climate, and Dog Crap all start to look and smell the same, you welcome back here in Texas.

Covert53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks, MadMo! This place is certainly full of crap but its the bovine kind. The sad part was once a relatively reliable "Red" state. But thanks to all the sheep zombies in Northern Virginia (NoVa) the state is now leaning Blue and NoVa itself is solid Blue. Its almost an Annex of the lemming-haven Maryland. Stafford County (adjacent to Quantico and just north of F'burg) is probably the northern-most outpost of sanity and reason. 300Shooter would probably agree!

BTW: I would move back to Texas tomorrow if I could if it wasn't for the fact that my elderly folks live in NYC and my wife's elderly dad and sister live in that Glittering Jewel of Government Ethics and Excellence (New Jersey). Maybe some day I can emigrate back to the Republic.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Thanks, MadMo! This place is certainly full of crap but its the bovine kind. The sad part was once a relatively reliable "Red" state. But thanks to all the sheep zombies in Northern Virginia (NoVa) the state is now leaning Blue and NoVa itself is solid Blue. Its almost an Annex of the lemming-haven Maryland. Stafford County (adjacent to Quantico and just north of F'burg) is probably the northern-most outpost of sanity and reason. 300Shooter would probably agree!

BTW: I would move back to Texas tomorrow if I could if it wasn't for the fact that my elderly folks live in NYC and my wife's elderly dad and sister live in that Glittering Jewel of Government Ethics and Excellence (New Jersey). Maybe some day I can emigrate back to the Republic.

Well maybe when you emigrate back it is truly a Republic again!

Well I can understand the elder care as I care for my 84 year old mother.
    If not for her I would spend June - September in Montana and the rest of the year in Texas. Although that would also depend on my hunting mood at the time - LOL!!!!

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Welcome from another new member Convert. Reserve officer here for 29+ years, now work the pawn shop detail for my agency. Sorry to hear of the political climate you now live in.

I am very afraid that if the conservatives of this country do not find a way to express themselves at the ballot box we are doomed to see the same across this land.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom