• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverhair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Ferris, TX
    Like everyone here, my wife and I are strong on the Second Amendment and have our CHLs.

We are both senior citizens.

She has twice used her gun to prevent what we think would have been a fatal mugging. No shots fired. Would-be mugger/murderer suddenly remembered that he had very urgent business elsewhere.

She no longer works where she has such a high exposure, and there haven't been any incidents since.

The two incidents occured because she had the combination to the warehouse door and usually arrived at work at 6AM, in a very high crime area of Dallas. Not too long after she began doing that, on two seperate occasions, a guy dressed in street clothes emerged from the shadows and tried to approach her. Since the block was a dead-end, there was no reason for anyone to be there. We believe that each guy was going to force her to open the door and then silence her so she couldn't call police while he stole stuff. Both incidents occured within a few weeks of her starting. After that, there were no more incidents. My guess is that street criminals share information, and that the word got out that she was armed and dangerous.

Those incidents have made us very firm supporters of CHL. We believe that every responsible adult should get a CHL and actively carry.
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom