• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    I've been planning to drop by this forum for sometime but never got around to it. I was reminded of the forum by a little business card I saw at Shiloh after I'd shot the last of my CHL students on Saturday. TexasCHLForum regulars may recognize my username over there as g.c.montgomery.

Will post as I have time. Will probably spend a good deal of time just lurking as I do on most forums these days. Stay safe and keep yer booger hook off the bang switch!

-GM
    DK Firearms

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Great seeing you the other night Gary! It's always entertaining, whether we are all just laughing at the look on newbies faces' when your shooting or we're making comparison's to you and James Earl Jones. Either way it's always a pleasure.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    I've been planning to drop by this forum for sometime but never got around to it. I was reminded of the forum by a little business card I saw at Shiloh after I'd shot the last of my CHL students on Saturday. TexasCHLForum regulars may recognize my username over there as g.c.montgomery.

Will post as I have time. Will probably spend a good deal of time just lurking as I do on most forums these days. Stay safe and keep yer booger hook off the bang switch!

-GM
    Lurk? Come on man, you post like you shoot Gary! Look out guys and gals, this guy has a Class III keyboard in front of him...

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Welcome aboard! Is it a new requirement for CHL'ers to be shot? Is that like tazing or spraying LEO's with OC as part of their training?

Well, to be honest...I wonder if it shouldn't be a requirement for some. I think some people may need to be shot to fully understand the danger of the tools with which we work. First time ever, I caught a student pointing a gun at me this weekend. It's been almost 48hrs and I'm still amped up and PO'd at myself and the student. I'm mostly PO'd at myself for not catching her BEFORE she swept me and three of her fellow students.

When I chastised her about it, she scoffed and said, "My finger wasn't on the trigger" with a half-smile as if that made it all better. Obviously she didn't get it. Out of site from everyone else, I made her surrender the TR-100 which still needed my signature for the proficiency portion of the class. I then destroyed the TR-100 and told her to call me to arrange an appointment for remedial training at an additional cost. If she won't retrain with me, I'm not willing to sign off unless I see some indicator she's gotten training from somewhere.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Great seeing you the other night Gary! It's always entertaining, whether we are all just laughing at the look on newbies faces' when your shooting or we're making comparison's to you and James Earl Jones. Either way it's always a pleasure.

Hey Jeff, I'm always happy to come by when I can. You guys have one the best facilities in Houston and I'm honored to consider you all friends. If I could just stop working like some crazy Jamaican, I'd probably have time to shoot at Shiloh more than once in a blue-moon.

Just last night, the wife commented that at four jobs, I'm probably 1-2 jobs past the reasonable limit. She also complained that I wasn't home enough. So, I told her that if she'd let me keep some of that cash for guns and ammo instead of spending it on furniture and houses, I wouldn't feel the need to work so much and would stay home more. When I woke up on the couch this morning, I thought that may be I should have slowed my Class 3 mouth down enough to allow my brain to prevent that reply. But then I said to myself, "Nah...Gotta get to work again because we need more guns and ammo!"

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom