• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keyston512

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Austin
    The VP9 was the pistol my wife decided she wanted after shooting about every other model I could get her hands on, so o bought her one. Then, we went to the range and I shot it.....I now have my own VP9 and never leave home without it. I have many other pistols, Glock, S&W, Taurus, Ruger, Sig, even a full custom, but I love that HK. The only gun I have with a better trigger is my custom, and the trigger alone cost $250 on that. I prefer the paddles to mag release buttons because I have short thumbs. My only complaint about the VP9 is that the aftermarket isn't as strong as it could be for them. I'd really like to mount an RMR on it, but I don't want to send my slide out to be milled, with my Glocks it's easy to to just order a slide pre-cut. Other accessories are also less available, like mags, mag extensions, aftermarket triggers...... sure, they're out there, but they cost more and they're harder to find.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Have you checked hkparts for accessories? I think they're going to start selling milled slides
    Lynx Defense

txfireguy2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Temple
    Have you checked hkparts for accessories? I think they're going to start selling milled slides
    Yeah, they're the go to source for sure. My issue is, let's say I wanted to pt a new trigger in... I've got one or two options that I'm aware of, whereas with my Glocks, I can choose from about a dozen different makers and several models from each company, and they're available from probably a million different retailers. Competition is good for customers as it keeps prices reasonable.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Yeah, they're the go to source for sure. My issue is, let's say I wanted to pt a new trigger in... I've got one or two options that I'm aware of, whereas with my Glocks, I can choose from about a dozen different makers and several models from each company, and they're available from probably a million different retailers. Competition is good for customers as it keeps prices reasonable.

Why would anybody want to change the trigger on a VP?

txfireguy2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Temple
    That's because Glock triggers suck out of the box and Walther and H and K do not?
    True, but it was just an example. Here's a better one, I can buy Glock mags everywhere, cheap, I think I've even seen them for sale at a gas station before..... not so with the HK stuff, "I can order it for ya." Thanks buddy, but i can order it myself, I wanted it quicker than that, and I was willing to pay extra to get it locally, but nobody in town carries it.

That's all, I still love the pistol, more than most, and yes the trigger is very good, but it could be better. I personally don't care for the reset. It's of little conference if you're running and gunning, but when I'm shooting for groups, or making surgical shots at longer range, I tend to shoot off the reset by allowing my trigger finger to slowly creep forward until I hear/feel the click then I execute the next shot. With the HK, I have to wait for two clicks and it throws me off a little, reset its also quite long compared to most aftermarket designs.

Keyston512

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Austin

This isn't directed at you but people wanting customization shouldn't be buying HK.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    If you're looking for the go to guys for trigger work on HK's, then check these guys out. I believe they can tailor expectations to each customer. I haven't used them, I've just read tons of happy customers feedback. It's not a drop in though. These options are only increasing as HK as changed their angle on sales and trying to reach a broader consumer base.
    Check em out, they're not cheap and their wait times can exceed 3 months.
    https://grayguns.com/gunsmith-services/heckler-koch/hk-striker-fired-action-package/

Ugh, it looks like time in que and in shop are 4 1/2 months right now :(.
    https://grayguns.com/current-wait-time/

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    GrayGuns has always had a long wait time, but their services are amazing. If you want a drop-in for the VP9, LazyWolf and HKparts are now offering a new trigger. You can view that article here: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/461057-lazy-wolf-hkparts-new-trigger-vp9.html

As far as mags go, yes they are more expensive (typically around $35 new from what I found unless there is a sale) and no they don't hold as many rounds (for now, new, heigher capacity offerings coming from HK), but there is a reason for this. This has been discussed in depth.

As far as dropping an RMR on your HK, it can be done, and there are a few ways to do it. Or you could wait a bit (who knows how long honestly) for the new VP offerings to make their way to the States (see hkpro forums for new offerings).

I am an HK fan, this is not a secret. I choose to use HK weapons when on my personal time. I have to use Glock when I am at work. I wish I did not, but that is life.

Keyston512

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Austin
    GrayGuns has always had a long wait time, but their services are amazing. If you want a drop-in for the VP9, LazyWolf and HKparts are now offering a new trigger. You can view that article here: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/461057-lazy-wolf-hkparts-new-trigger-vp9.html

As far as mags go, yes they are more expensive (typically around $35 new from what I found unless there is a sale) and no they don't hold as many rounds (for now, new, heigher capacity offerings coming from HK), but there is a reason for this. This has been discussed in depth.

As far as dropping an RMR on your HK, it can be done, and there are a few ways to do it. Or you could wait a bit (who knows how long honestly) for the new VP offerings to make their way to the States (see hkpro forums for new offerings).

I am an HK fan, this is not a secret. I choose to use HK weapons when on my personal time. I have to use Glock when I am at work. I wish I did not, but that is life.

People have been waiting for them to export the long slide and optic ready variants for awhile now.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    If you are still asking the original question I wouldn't. I have sold off all of my HK's. The paddle release is also out of place if you switch pistols a lot for carry that can really screw with your gross motor skills (Panic). So my USP's sat unused and dusty, mags cost to much compared to most other pistols.

Top Bottom