• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Absolutely give the robber what he wants.

Because he is acting with such reckless and willfuyl abandon for his own safety, it can be surmised he is suffering from self loathing and suicidal tendancies.

Give him what he wants. Two to the chest, one to the head.
    Gun Zone Deals

R W

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    SteveW;21137 I agree said:
    The lives of others in the store were already at risk ,the guy did a great job in preventing a robbery in fact he has probably prevented many future
    robberies and possible deaths.
    I believe your comments are not appreciated.

Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    From my point of view, this guy risked the life of all the others in the store. Had I been there, I would not have appreciated that.

I'm sure the property owner appreciates the fact that you weren't there - the stench of urine is hard to get out of carpet.

Honestly, though... Are you kidding? Are you really serious? :confused:

An unknown armed person comes into a store, potentially putting everyone's life at risk, and you're offended someone had the gonads, training, and reflexes to put him where he belongs?

Are you saying that the lives of all the others in the store were not at risk when this poor, misled gentleman accidentally walked into the store with his gun drawn? The fact that you never mention you "would not have appreciated" the robber pulling out his gun, but have an issue with someone standing up for what's right makes me wonder:

Why are you posting in a gun forum to begin with?

Isn't there a "Super Soaker" discussion board we could direct Stevie here to?

You're absolutely correct, though. The employee was completely out of line when he made that judgment call.

That poor robber deserved to live to rob another day!

[/sarcasm]

You voted for Obama, didn't you?

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I agree, crime should not be tolerated, but how do you resolve a situation like this ?

From my point of view, this guy risked the life of all the others in the store. Had I been there, I would not have appreciated that.

Steve,

I'm not going to flame you like some of the others but I think the cell phone guy already answered your question as to how to resolve a situation like this. There were many ways and he chose one. The best one? No because the BG wouldn't have gone with the best one. The salesman chose the best one that the situation allowed. The best one would have been for the BG to put down his gun and spread eagle on the floor but he didn't go for that. So he got second best. He chose his fate. The cell phone guy only took him to the destruction he was seeking. Give the guy a break.

BTW - I'm with you. Better to not take a life but you have to do what you have to do.

Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    This is going to be a silly question, and I've tried to search for it on both the forums and through google, but what does "BG" stand for?

I can take it out of context and realize it's the perpetrator here, but what is this abbreviated from?

The only fitting one I found online was "Baby Gangster" - which, I suppose would fit, but (to me, at least) sounds a little silly.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    This is going to be a silly question, and I've tried to search for it on both the forums and through google, but what does "BG" stand for?

I can take it out of context and realize it's the perpetrator here, but what is this abbreviated from?

The only fitting one I found online was "Baby Gangster" - which, I suppose would fit, but (to me, at least) sounds a little silly.

Bad Guy

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    This happened over 5 months ago and this thread is still going like this??? :confused: Y'all need to leave this thing alone and go razz that poll or something more current.

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    This happened over 5 months ago and this thread is still going like this??? :confused: Y'all need to leave this thing alone and go razz that poll or something more current.
    I realize you have been on this site since its beginning, but others of us enjoy the bashing on a liberal on a gun site. Why dont you just bite your lip and go clean your boat. LOL just kidding

Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of that myself...

I'm sure you are not completely oblivious to the obvious influx of people participating in the forum, concerned about their 2nd Amendment rights, especially after the balance of power in the US has shifted to near absolute leftist control.

I wasn't aware that reviving a half-year old thread was a crime. :rolleyes:

I think public store [employees -sic] should be able to carry along with a few qualified teachers!!!

I'm currently considering becoming a teacher myself, and that particular comment is worth emphasizing, as I personally want to know where the law stands when it comes to guarding one's (as well as one's classroom's) safety against the threat of a student acquiring a firearm through the unregulated black market and bringing it to school.

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    I'm currently considering becoming a teacher myself, and that particular comment is worth emphasizing, as I personally want to know where the law stands when it comes to guarding one's (as well as one's classroom's) safety against the threat of a student acquiring a firearm through the unregulated black market and bringing it to school.

Wasn't there a school district in North Texas that was allowing qualified and trained teachers to carry? Wichita Falls is ringing a bell...

I'd like to see more school districts do this.

chargersrt8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    I work with his brother here in Mass. and if I'm not mistaken he said it's a family owned store that carries that brand...He said today his brother opened the store so he won't be losing his job....

chargersrt8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    I just watched the news on it and he was the owner of the store like his brother told me...It's family owned and they just are a reseller of T-Mobile so unless the owner is going to fire himself he's all set...If T-Mobile has an issue and doesn't want to do business with him he can just become a reseller for another brand....

chargersrt8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    BTW The owner didn't put anyone in the store in jeopardy as he followed the crooks after they left the store.He told the cops he followed to get a better description or plate number when one robber pulled his gun.The owner then drew his pistol and they both shot at each other.The crook was hit in the stomach and he tried to cross a busy st. where he got hit and killed by a truck.THE END

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    why do you think he would lose his job after this (unless defending the store against a robbery is agains company policy). if they did fire him wouldn't he have somekind of wrongful termination suit to win.

Because that is what happened to the woman about 10 years ago when she defended herself against a robber. In the woman's case it was Long John Silvers in Richardson... think. LJS terminated her for not following corporate policy.

I had a similar incident during an attempted armed robbery when I was an 18 year old pizza delivery boy. If it was not for the district supervisor stepping in on my behalf, I would have been terminated as well. Company policy was to hand it over. Store policy was to run like H* if you think you could get away. I was making the second run of a $200 order at a local military base. I used the nice guy with the M16 as my feel safe point.

rayj8524

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    Wasn't there a school district in North Texas that was allowing qualified and trained teachers to carry? Wichita Falls is ringing a bell...

I'd like to see more school districts do this.

I just read your post. The school district is about 40 miles northwest of Wichita Falls on US 287. It is a farming community on a major highway that runs from Fort Worth to Denver. The school is a meer 200 feet off of the highway. The ones allowed to carry not only have a CHL, but also have additional training much like LEO's have so that in a situation, they don't accidentally shoot an innocent person. Wichita Falls is in close enough proximity that if something happened (not to mention the anti-gun people) we would have heard about it. So far nothing, and I applaud them.

deadeye1964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    GRAPEVINE
    Probably doesn't matter if they do or not, they usually have strict policies on what to do in the case of a robbery, and it's to cooperate.

Kudo's to him, but he's likely out of a job; but it'll be interesting to see what happens. Now he can get a better one with all the attention he's getting. Of course, after recuperating from the ordeal.

Screw the job,screw the policy and screw defending the store, I would have been fearing for my life and kill the scumbag just like this responsible person did. I do not think he gave a damn about the guy taking money or cell phones, he probably cared the BG was pointing a gun at him.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Very true.

And again, very true. I've had this discussion with my girlfriend many a time. Her store has a "give them what they want" policy, but at some point, you can't just give them what they want when they starting wanting more than just the cash.

If they have already been to prison a few times due to eye witness testimony, they are more likely to not leave an eye witness alive.

Thanks to the revolving door policy of the futile prison system, lots of them have been to prison a few times.

grumpybutt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Spring
    I say "if it ain't yours, your not getting it" screw company policy, and political correctness. Dam I hate wimpy people no wonder the world is upside down, no one has any guts to insure right from wrong any more, only worried about there own a**

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    BTW The owner didn't put anyone in the store in jeopardy as he followed the crooks after they left the store.He told the cops he followed to get a better description or plate number when one robber pulled his gun.The owner then drew his pistol and they both shot at each other.The crook was hit in the stomach and he tried to cross a busy st. where he got hit and killed by a truck.THE END

Hope the LEOs wrote that perp up for jaywalking too and tagged his carcass with the ticket.

Top Bottom