Military Camp

HPD recovered gun I bought at gun show worried about claiming it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duncan.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    houston
    So go down to HPD right and early this morning to get my gun. I go to homicide who sends me to auto theft and bounce around there all morning through lunch.

I have no serial # or anything to prove ownership but I decided to stick it out.

It was well worth it got my gun back in mint condition! I am a happy customer. Tried to attach picture hope yall can see them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• .45 govt 001.jpg
      .45 govt 001.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 260
    • .45 govt 002.jpg
      .45 govt 002.jpg
      78.1 KB · Views: 279

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    So go down to HPD right and early this morning to get my gun. I go to homicide who sends me to auto theft and bounce around there all morning through lunch.

I have no serial # or anything to prove ownership but I decided to stick it out.

It was well worth it got my gun back in mint condition! I am a happy customer. Tried to attach picture hope yall can see them.

Thanks!

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Duncan.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    houston
    Not to hard just exhausting. I literally spent all day down there bouncing from dept to dept.

Still working on getting my kimber back. I expect I won't get it until Monday.

I just pray its in as good a shape as my old colt is.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    FIND THAT RECEIPT. Take it with you. Tear that house up one side and down the other until you find it. It is your proof of WHEN the gun came in to your possession.

However the bill of sale does not prove that you were not aware that the gun was stolen.

Good luck with this. I would try to recover it, but I would also have a lawyer on retainer just in case the police tried something underhanded.

About a year ago the Saint Charles County police called me concerning a pistol I use to own. Sold it back to my ffl almost a year before that, and I owned the gun for about a year and a half.
    Turns out this guy bought it and was messing with it in a car (he was riding shot gun) and he shot himself with it. Well the police did a report and took the gun, did a search on it and it came up in my name?
    I thought all that info was supposed to be destroyed after so many days or weeks?
    Any way, me and the St.Charles County PD play phone tag for a few days, and when I finally get to talk to them it turns out that everything has been resolved and the gun returned to the new owner.
    The ffl I go to is not open on Mondays and they had to wait till Tuesday to talk to him to find out that the gun had been sold back to him and then he resold it to this guy.

I tell this because while I was trying to reach the St.Charles PD I was sick trying to figure out what it was all about. And what could I have done that they want to talk to me and on and on. Turns out it was really nothing for me to worry about.
    This is probably the same for you.
    Good luck.

Duncan.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    houston
    +1, dude you must have done some rotten shit in your past to get this truly BAD KARMA. I hope it works out for you.

Oh yeah. If working 60-70 hours a week for the past, umm lifetime. Teaching my three sons and nephew that all live with me right from wrong and how to be good Christians.

Taking them to church, little league, hunting, fishing, and anything else positive to keep them away from drugs.

If thats really rotten shit Im guilty as charged.

I don't believe in karma. Bad stuff happens to good people and good stuff happens to bad people. Lifes not fair.

ldcarson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Congrats! thats a great looking gun...so want to sell it?

Just some friendly advice - Take pictures of it, digitize everything including pics of the serial number. And get a safe to lock that bad boy up when not carrying and in use.

And lastly...We are all awaiting a range report...how does she handle ;-)

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Wow, this one had me on the edge of my seat, glad it came out OK. Man that just goes to show you everyone respects a Colt.

Top Bottom