• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I just watched this, AGAIN, and this is the one where the kids try to lay a big guilt trip on their parents for not getting them the vaccine. If I remember correctly, and I do, Governor Rick Perry tried to make getting this vaccine mandatory. The wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Austin liberals put an end to that little program. But here it comes back on national TV and the only sounds you hear are crickets! Liberal turds are such hypocrites!
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Austin liberals? I'm no Austin liberal but I sure as **** have no interest in the government mandating a vaccine to 12 year olds for an STD. Liberals are the ones that thing kids should **** wild and free, and let tax payers foot the bill of raising the kids or paying for the murder.

**** the commercial too.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    At least the commercial isn't a mandate from the government. It's not FORCING you to do anything.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Actually, its probably just a big boost for another damn drug company! Like the meningitis B commercials! Who in hell ever heard of that disease? But they make it sound like the second coming of the damn PLAGUE!!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Just count how many drug commercials you see in one evening

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Austin liberals? I'm no Austin liberal but I sure as **** have no interest in the government mandating a vaccine to 12 year olds for an STD. Liberals are the ones that thing kids should **** wild and free, and let tax payers foot the bill of raising the kids or paying for the murder.

**** the commercial too.
    So a vaccine for a known cause of a common cancer is the same as government sponsored teen sex and abortion?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    When Perry tried shoving it down our throats the first time, there was little independent study of the vaccine and its long-term effects. I wonder if there's more information available about its potential effects.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So a vaccine for a known cause of a common cancer is the same as government sponsored teen sex and abortion?

When the gov attempts to force an STD vaccine on 12 year olds...sure.

Forget trying to salvage any form of morality, just givem a shot. And a few politicians get to line their pockets in the process. WIN/WIN!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A suggestion is fine to me. Parents making a decision based on their own lives and their children is fine.

A government mandate is wrong and the commercial is about like any other pharma commercial. But a commercial isn't a forced mandate by the government. However, claiming a 12 year old will get an STD unless you get them vaccinated is stupid. Not screwing at that age would be a much safer way to prevent HPV in kids.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yep, you need to know your 12 year old. Some of them become sexually active at 12. Not being a pervert but there are more than a few young girls who look 21 and act like it. What confuses the issue is the fact that often doctors will prescribe birth control pills to young girls to alleviate menstrual symptoms. Not that it gives girls ideas they don't already have but tends to give them an easy excuse.

Personally I would vaccinate my children but don't think this should be a mandate from the government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If I remember it rightly HPV vaccine is a series of shots taken about a year apart. I don't think they are suggesting your children will be having sex at 12, just that they will be fully vaccinated by say 16.

I didn't get my kids vaccinated for this, but then of course I don't think I had even heard of it back then. HIV/AIDS was the big scare back then and I think I told my kids that they couldn't have sex until they were 30, but if it were to happen by accident "USE PROTECTION!"

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    When the gov attempts to force an STD vaccine on 12 year olds...sure.

Forget trying to salvage any form of morality, just givem a shot. And a few politicians get to line their pockets in the process. WIN/WIN!

Your logic is rediculous. More kids won't have sex because they will have a reduced risk of cervival cancer.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I read an article saying most people who get this end up getting over it without the vaccine and a few that have had the vaccine have had complications and morted. But who knows what I read is true any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    There is no suggestion.

Try finding a pediatrician who won't drop your kid if you don't want to follow the "suggested" schedule.

I dared to ask "why do you recommend the hep shot for an infant?"
    Literally had 3 docs in the room trying to tell me something along the lines of "because it's mandated"
    "By who?"
    "The authorities"
    "Who are the authorities"
    "Well school"
    "Did you ask what our schooling plans were for the kid? No? Then how can you tell me it's mandated?"
    Round and round in circles. Finally had one doc say because of study x. "Why does that justify giving 5 day old a shot?"
    "Because we recommend that to everyone"
    "Why don't I get personalized care specifically for my child?"

Not one of them would say because our lawyers make us. Lol.

Last edited:

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Just count how many drug commercials you see in one evening

Prescription pharmaceuticals shouldn't ever be advertised on tv or in magazines. It's not like you can go out and buy them without a doctor. If they're so good and what you need the doctor should already know about them and prescribe them for you without your asking. Especially considering the drug dealers (pharmaceutical reps) are always at the doctors' office wining and dining them and leaving samples. It's all about the $$$ and not the cure. Sad state of affairs but we're worth more sick than well to big pharma.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Your logic is rediculous. More kids won't have sex because they will have a reduced risk of cervival cancer.

Maybe not. But they might if they know their parents have no faith in their ability to keep their legs closed.

There is no reason for a 12 year old to get an STD vaccine.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Maybe not. But they might if they know their parents have no faith in their ability to keep their legs closed.

I live in a small town, and I wish this was true, but the sad truth is too many parents don't guide their children. Too many parents are too busy getting busy themselves or doing drugs. There are also too many sexual abuse stories. It is a sad thing.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

Again. Irrelevant. The idea is to get vaccinated before exposure. Odds are 12 yo aren't exposed. Should you wait till later, when a larger chunk of the kids are already infected with HPV. HPV has no symptoms and is very common.

This vaccine should reduce risk of cervical cancer associated with HPV. Nothing more. It's not a moral stance, and making it into one is stupid.

It's not just a disease of promiscuous kids. Shit happens. That's life.

Top Bottom