Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    [
    I live in a small town, and I wish this was true, but the sad truth is too many parents don't guide their children. Too many parents are too busy getting busy themselves or doing drugs. There are also too many sexual abuse stories. It is a sad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that there are some instances and will admit my arguments in this thread are over simplified. I have no issue with a parent choosing to get the vaccine for their children and don't necessarily believe it has anything to do with their faith in the childs choices or that it will have a negative effect on the future choices of the child.

I DO believe that it falls in with the agenda of the left on certain level with a continued effort to chip away at the moral fabric of this country. I also believe that the idea of a mandate for 12 year old girls getting the vaccine is pretty much the same as throwing up our collective hands and saying "welp, 13 year olds gonna jump on some D".

Pharma commercials have gone crazy. As much as I dislike them I believe they have every right to advertise. That gets very murky though when you start considering the amount of gov money that goes to these "private companies".That's part of a much bigger issue.

I want to apologize if I did come across as insulting to anyone who made the choice to get this vaccine for their children. Looking at my previous posts I may have lumped reasonable parental choices in to my rant.
    Venture Surplus ad

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    [

I DO believe that it falls in with the agenda of the left on certain level with a continued effort to chip away at the moral fabric of this country. I also believe that the idea of a mandate for 12 year old girls getting the vaccine is pretty much the same as throwing up our collective hands and saying "welp, 13 year olds gonna jump on some D".
    There is NO "moral fabric" in this country (and whos morals? Mine? Yours? Morality is completely subjective). It's been proven time and time again that preaching abstinence does NOT work. Kids are going to screw, if they want to screw so the best thing we can do is damage control. The idea of vaccinating your kids at 12ish is that they are fully protected by the time they become sexually active. You say that "we are just lining the pockets of big pharma"... have you ever heard of "preventive medicine"?!?! What's better? Spending ... say $20 on a shot when they're 12... or thousands on cancer treatment and surgery down the road? I will never understand why people have a problem with vaccines...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Freedom can't exist without a moral foundation. In the US our foundation was based in the morals taught by Christianity. Without morals we get snowflakes, Antifa, a high rate of single mothers an abortion, ever increasing number of people dependent on welfare....

I agree, there is no moral fabric. Let's see how long it takes for someone to step in and legislate the problems away, along with our freedom.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I 100% opposed Perry's mandatory attempt. Our pediatrician told us it was an option and wasn't all goofy about it. I don't remember seeing HPV on the ISD list of requirements. In my case it was presented as purely optional with 0 pressure either way. As it should be.

Those whose doctors are pushing it as mandatory need to push back and get a new doctor ASAFP. Thankfully we are still in a situation where findings different doc isn't difficult. Why support someone who doesn't support you? If your school districts required it, maybe time to go to a few meetings and pay attention to who gets on the board.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Freedom can't exist without a moral foundation. In the US our foundation was based in the morals taught by Christianity. Without morals we get snowflakes, Antifa, a high rate of single mothers an abortion, ever increasing number of people dependent on welfare....

I agree, there is no moral fabric. Let's see how long it takes for someone to step in and legislate the problems away, along with our freedom.
    God help us if we ever get to the point where we get snowflakes, Antifa, a high rate of single mothers an abortion, ever increasing number of people dependent on welfare....

Top Bottom