• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psssniper

Broke down south of Dallas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2020
    Corsicana
    Doubt it will go anywhere but this is something to keep an eye on. The 8 co-sponsors are all Dems, none are from Tx.
    Seems what they want is to make any rifle with a detachable mag subject to NFA although I cannot find any text of the actual bill
    Here's what I found so far https://www.govinfo.gov/bulkdata/BILLSTATUS/117/hr/BILLSTATUS-117hr4953.xml

Follow progress of the bill here
    Texas SOT

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    AFAIK, there isn't any text yet. And as of this morning there hadn't been any official news release by any of the sponsors.

Not sure if they are playing it on the down low, or if it is just very early in the process. But agree it's prolly going nowhere. We should keep an eye out anyway.

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    My understanding is that Titles for bills are often placeholders.... and the text and other details worked out along the way. Even the initial text and bill often looks nothing like the end result.

In fact, this has been used as subterfuge in the past. Get something started that kinda flies below the radar, then change it later to be what they really wanted, and pass it as an emergency bill in the middle of the night at the last minute.

Sigh.

Top Bottom