Lynx Defense

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/top-army-marksman-explains-why-gun-nuts-shoot-better

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    “There were guys in their eighties—barely held together at the seams—who were out-shooting me,”

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/top-army-marksman-explains-why-gun-nuts-shoot-better-469f8dfd917f

Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Interesting angle.
    Thanks for sharing.

Thats so weird. The link I posted worked for me. Then again, I'm not the most computer savy person in the room. Thanks for putting up a good link, I appreciate it.

I tuned into the part he talked about your trigger squeeze should be so soft it's like a surprise to you when the weapon fires. I've never bought that either.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I tuned into the part he talked about your trigger squeeze should be so soft it's like a surprise to you when the pistol fires. I've never bought that either.

Good article. I 100% agree with you on that comment. I thought that once your finger was on the trigger, you were expecting it to go off. Isn't that just a spin on the four basic rules?

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I tuned into the part he talked about your trigger squeeze should be so soft it's like a surprise to you when the weapon fires. I've never bought that either.

Also agree, I shoot alot better when it's not a surprise to me. I think it sort of is good advice in a way for noobies who might have a habit of flinching but as soon as they get used to what to expect from a gunshot they should work quickly to reverse that habit before it becomes too ingrained. I know my triggers too well anywho now for it to be a surprise. It's funny how the whole surprise thing goes against timing shots on exhales, or even in extreme distance, between heart beats.

Top Bottom