• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A land developer turned car dealer turned politician.

If he’s been successful in the real world of capitalism then I’ll give a cursory listen.

There will be plenty of chances to give him the thumbs-down once I hear the drivel coming out of his politician mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I knew that last name from somewhere. Car dealerships around the Dallas and Ft. Worth area IIRC.
    Guns International

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Chad Prather, at least he can make me laugh.

Prather, while mildly amusing, is full of shit as a Christmas goose. He is an entertainer.

Not a Texan, supporting mandatory vaccination, the list goes on and on. He loves some government control.

As of right now, Huffines looks like our best candidate (unless West throws his hat in the ring). He’s a constitutionalist (believe in small government and individual rights) a strong 2A supporter, wants a secure border, etc. he says the right things so far.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Prather, while mildly amusing, is full of shit as a Christmas goose. He is an entertainer.

Not a Texan, supporting mandatory vaccination, the list goes on and on. He loves some government control.

As of right now, Huffines looks like our best candidate (unless West throws his hat in the ring). He’s a constitutionalist (believe in small government and individual rights) a strong 2A supporter, wants a secure border, etc. he says the right things so far.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
    I'm leaning towards Huffines more and more, and it seems his statements and actions are forcing King Greg's hand...

And lest y'all forget, Gov. Abbott is our very own lockdown dicktater - we didn't need no stinking Democrat governor to enable the likes of King Clay Jenkins up here in Dallas to do the damage they did.

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    Huffines has demonstrated an ability to talk, but I question his ability to lead. He campaigned strong to gain a Texas senate seat, but lost to a democrat four years later having shown nothing in his time in the senate.
    It is pretty easy to pick out an incumbents faults because the incumbent is in the light and their every move examined and critiqued. Abbott struggled to find the right approach to the pandemic, and many find it easy to criticize him for that…but the critics are not on the hot seat and have the advantage of hindsight. Huffines is posturing by grinding away at Abbott in the areas he struggled…it is easy to look back and say, “What I would have done…) when you are not accountable.
    Now, Allen West is worthy of consideration I think.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Despite all the well-deserved used car salesman jokes I think a used car salesman might be preferable to a big dealership or corporate salesman or a lawyer and he appears to be a successful small business owner who seems to be willing to do more than just talk conservative when it’s not popular.

He just might be better than what we’ve got. He also might be better at negotiating with Washington, DC.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Despite all the well-deserved used car salesman jokes I think a used car salesman might be preferable to a big dealership or corporate salesman or a lawyer and he appears to be a successful small business owner who seems to be willing to do more than just talk conservative when it’s not popular.

He just might be better than what we’ve got. He also might be better at negotiating with Washington, DC.
    You might have something with the used car salesman comparison. Many many years ago when I was in my 20s I was looking for a vehicle and went to one of the “pay by the week” car lots on the off chance I could do a cash deal on something reliable.

I asked the salesman/manager a simple question.
    “ What vehicle on your lot would you sell me and be perfectly comfortable that I would not be back here in less than a month with a baseball bat looking for who sold it to me?”
    He looked me in the eye and said “ None of them” I thanked him for being honest and decided if I were to buy a used car off of a lot, it would be his. ;) I ended up getting one from a .gov seizure auction.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Don't know who the fat guy is in the Prather vid, red-light cameras has been an issue BUT it is a CITY issue, not state! Put your eggs in the correct basket. Funny, keep stripping power from the Gov., then complain when he doesn't do what you want. Place your list of the LEGAL authority of the Tx Gov. here! Then compare your gripes with that list. Oh, cuts funding for Dems that walk out to prevent vote (Dems declare unconstitutional) and it's Abbott's fault the vote doesn't get done? Declares Tx will build the wall, no covid 'passports, BUT he doesn't have the legal authority to mandate that be done!! Same problem Trump had. YOUR and my Senators and Reps are the problem! Fix that first.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Don't know who the fat guy is in the Prather vid, red-light cameras has been an issue BUT it is a CITY issue, not state! Put your eggs in the correct basket. Funny, keep stripping power from the Gov., then complain when he doesn't do what you want. Place your list of the LEGAL authority of the Tx Gov. here! Then compare your gripes with that list. Oh, cuts funding for Dems that walk out to prevent vote (Dems declare unconstitutional) and it's Abbott's fault the vote doesn't get done? Declares Tx will build the wall, no covid 'passports, BUT he doesn't have the legal authority to mandate that be done!! Same problem Trump had. YOUR and my Senators and Reps are the problem! Fix that first.
    Uh, disrespect for Jonathan Stickland not needed. He did a LOT to protect Texas freedoms when he went down to Austin, and I know him personally and donated to his campaigns. Your comment is waaaaay off base. Also, the Governor is exceeding his constitutional authority in a BIG way with the COVID stuff.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The funny thing about all this is that The 1877 constitution designed a fundamentally weak state government, with the governor’s office weaker than the legislature. The two strongest offices, in order, are Lt Gov and Speaker and the public doesn’t even get to vote on Speaker.

Bullock was the first to take a long look at how to be a strong governor in Texas (through political patriarchy) and Perry took from his playbook and expanded on it. What’s really scary is Dan Patrick is using Abbot as a placeholder until he can run to be the MFWIC. If Patrick gets locked in to the office, I see the worst of all possible outcomes.

Best case is Perry and Abbot both get shit-canned in the primaries.

Top Bottom