huffpo readers revolt?!? wow!

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by DCortez, Sep 29, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Holy crap, there may be a sun behind all the clouds after all ...

But HuffPo readers aren’t buying it. And boy, are they angry.

Check out the comments left on each of these essays and you’ll see faithful HuffPo readers aghast that the site could be defending the indefensible.

Here are just a few comments:

“Nope, it’s not a “conspiracy.” Child rape is a crime and Polanski should serve his time- he should have served it long ago instead of trying to pay off his victim”

“I am an California attorney, a confirmed Democrat-liberal and admirer of Mr. Polanski’s talents and those of many who have niavely signed this petition … Mr. Polanski did what he did and no amount of spin or the passage of time can change that. He drugged and raped a child. What don’t you understand about that? Is it O.K. to do that to your daughters? … Shame on you, all of you. You should (and probably do) know better.

“Let’s see these artists sign their names to a petition to excuse the drugging of and forced sex with a 13 year old. Let’s put it bluntly.”

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/c...oes-all-in-to-defend-polanski-readers-revolt/

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    More than 100 filmmakers sign petition defending child rapist:

Most are European and unfamiliar, but among the people whose movies I’ll never watch again: Jonathan Demme, John Landis, Michael Mann, Martin Scorsese, and, bless his heart, Woody Allen, who I guess was forced to sign lest the press seize on the idea of a guy who married his almost-stepdaughter passing judgment on Polanski.

Open question to any of these rape-defending turds: How far would you have let Polanski go before deciding that, hey, he probably should serve some time after all? What if he punched the kid in the face when he was raping her? Beat her with a tire iron? Seriously, how far?

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/...mmakers-sign-petition-defending-child-rapist/

3. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Hollywood is screwed up

4. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    i say it once i say it again.

LIBS HAVE NO SHAME!!

5. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    A is criminal is simply a criminal no matter what talent he or she may display that talent does not give them a pass IMO.

6. hard shot

hard shot Member

Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    should be hanged with a sign this is what we do to rapist

7. hard shot

hard shot Member

Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    Like some old timers would do rusty nail stump in the woods and a can of gas would do nicely!!!!!!!:patriot::mad0071: