• ...and so much more!
  • RockIslandAuction

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2016
    Rock Island, IL
    WCE2-Z-F2-L-web.jpg

Greetings!

We're writing for the first time in the TGT forums to show you some of the incredible firearms in our 2016 April Premiere Firearms Auction, which contains over 2,900 in 2,600+ lots. I won't waste your time with a lot of talk, instead I'll just show you places where we have photos & videos of the auction's top guns and let you do what we firearms enthusiasts do best online - look at beautiful gun photos.

But before I do that, I'll point out one Colt revolver that I know you Texas residents are sure to love. It was owned by "Sug" Robertson, a no-nonsense cattle baron that pioneered the cattle industry in west Texas. He has some great stories, as indicated in the video, and this never-fired revolver has remained in his family since he purchased it in 1917. They dubbed it, "The Unicorn" because it was one of a kind. The video below tells its story.

Take a quick look at some of the firearms in this auction. You'll be glad you did!

View our 16-page Preview Mailer
    Browse our Photo Preview
    Watch gun videos on our YouTube Channel
    Read Articles on Fascinating guns
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• EUZ152-S-CU2-L.jpg
      EUZ152-S-CU2-L.jpg
      41.8 KB · Views: 183

RockIslandAuction

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2016
    Rock Island, IL
    It's funny you mention that one. I saw that myself and scratched my head at it.

Since estimates are not my particular area, my "educated" guess would be that the consignor needed to sell all their guns at one time and had other items in this sale. It's a great reminder that, high or low, estimates are only estimates. Collectors active in the market will always set the true price.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That is called the auction effect. Some idiots will keep bidding even beyond reasonableness...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Glad to have you guys on board! Some truly amazing pieces have made their way through RIAC's doors. I also quite enjoy watching vids from Ian at Forgotten Weapons, showcasing some of these rare items.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I have been receiving RIA catalogs for a year and a half now. I've only attempted one auction, but lost out on the item I wanted.

Glad to have you guys here.

Top Bottom