Huge increase of coyotes in williamson county

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by boots2200, Nov 26, 2008.

1. boots2200

boots2200 New Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Kempner Texas
    I was wondering has anyone else noticed a huge increase in coyotes in Williamson county,Near liberty hill.about six months their medium size dog was killed.the only thing left was a ball of fur.at first it was believed it was a mountain lion because several has been killed in the area.
    normally deer are heavy on the land and i have no trouble filling my tags early.this year nothing.I haven't even seen one.a neighbor across the river raises goats and has been over ran with coyotes so much that he hired a trapper to kill them.I'M sure the goats has a lot to bring in the coyotes,but I'm wondering if other areas are affected also but without any goats or sheep around.if this is isolated then i know the goats are to blame.
    looks like i will be a coyote hunter this year.,or find another place to hunt.
    :(

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Good luck to you if you go after the yotes. They are difficult prey.

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Let me know if you need help, my Grandfather raises goats up that way and I'd hate to see them get eaten.

4. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I live near Lake Travis in Travis County and we've been hearing them howling every day for weeks. I can hear them -- and so can Shiner, the wonderbeagle -- when we take a walk at dawn every day. Both of us are a bit jumpy, packing my PM9 just in case ...