• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yesterday I picked up the stuff to hang the taxidermy. Hung what I could by myself. The Zebra rug, waterbuck, black wildebeest. & red heartebeest I'll need help with.

Once the rest is hung I'll order a sofa sleeper for the man cave. Hopefully my final Covid money will buy that. The west facing wall has the windows with the best lake view. With that man cave 2.0 will be finished.
    Guns International

Attachments

• 5D9FA0D2-4AB6-4AB7-B823-A3F0B752D344.jpeg
      5D9FA0D2-4AB6-4AB7-B823-A3F0B752D344.jpeg
      1.3 MB · Views: 252

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looks awesome! Not this summer but the next, I will be heading to South Africa finally
    Wait for the culture shock your in for! Take a couple of rolls of pennies. When you get your luggage & if you head out the doors to ground level parking you get bum rushed by peeps wanting to carry steal you luggage. Throwing the pennies away from yourself loose makes a great diversion.

I still remember the first trip everyone had a cigarette in their mouth, instead of a tractor pulling a mower do the highway grassy part it was a line of guys with weed whackers. Gas stations had a window washer, a pump jockey, an oil checker & someone checking your tires.They all wanted greasing too.

Driving past the black "townships" seeing the squalor of the shacks they live in & how anything that's was fuel to burn in a fire has long been stripped away. Seeing people walking on the highways in the middle of nowhere.

And hope you don't get killed for your white privlage!

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Looks awesome! Not this summer but the next, I will be heading to South Africa finally
    Will you hunt in SA or is that just your port of entry? My dad took me to Zimbabwe in 1998 before it got really stupid over there.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Will you hunt in SA or is that just your port of entry? My dad took me to Zimbabwe in 1998 before it got really stupid over there.
    Going to hunt in SA at Huntershill Safaris more than likely. I am also looking at Botswana and Namibia. My wife wants to come so its going to have to be some place nice and secure

If it ends up not working out the backup plan is to go hunt Ibex in Spain

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Going to hunt in SA at Huntershill Safaris more than likely. I am also looking at Botswana and Namibia. My wife wants to come so its going to have to be some place nice and secure

If it ends up not working out the backup plan is to go hunt Ibex in Spain
    Botswana is safer then most of the rest of the continent! Namibia to a slightly lesser degree. RSA was iffy when I was there in Joburg. The whole country has gotten worse!

One of my favorite beer wenches from the festival meet a South African guy while she was living in Thailand. (she teaches english in Japan last I heard) They were pretty much an item & moved back to RSA. Then after listening to myself & family member just up & left RSA.

Two years agoI went with my hunting buddy to the Houston Safari Club convention. Very few of the guys we knew were still around. Ran into one who went to Tanzania, but was partnered up with the guy we represented in RSA. He said that the shitstains gang raped our friends wife while he was away. Left her in a very bad way. Our friend Pieter & a few of his closest people were rumored to have tracked then down & had justice!

I never seen more razor wire anywhere in my life then RSA! The major cities & burbs are just as bad as out in the countryside. Granted a lot is on thatched roofs to keep the baboons off, but most of the 6 foot + fences have it too. Private security & big mean dogs are everywhere!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yesterday I picked up the stuff to hang the taxidermy. Hung what I could by myself. The Zebra rug, waterbuck, black wildebeest. & red heartebeest I'll need help with.

Once the rest is hung I'll order a sofa sleeper for the man cave. Hopefully my final Covid money will buy that. The west facing wall has the windows with the best lake view. With that man cave 2.0 will be finished.
    Hung some taxidermy?

I admire your perception "some".

Fraking Braggart.

As well you should be. Lucky man.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Botswana is safer then most of the rest of the continent! Namibia to a slightly lesser degree. RSA was iffy when I was there in Joburg. The whole country has gotten worse!

One of my favorite beer wenches from the festival meet a South African guy while she was living in Thailand. (she teaches english in Japan last I heard) They were pretty much an item & moved back to RSA. Then after listening to myself & family member just up & left RSA.

Two years agoI went with my hunting buddy to the Houston Safari Club convention. Very few of the guys we knew were still around. Ran into one who went to Tanzania, but was partnered up with the guy we represented in RSA. He said that the shitstains gang raped our friends wife while he was away. Left her in a very bad way. Our friend Pieter & a few of his closest people were rumored to have tracked then down & had justice!

I never seen more razor wire anywhere in my life then RSA! The major cities & burbs are just as bad as out in the countryside. Granted a lot is on thatched roofs to keep the baboons off, but most of the 6 foot + fences have it too. Private security & big mean dogs are everywhere!
    Thats what happens when the world backs communists and people who never invented the wheel. Same story in Rhodesia

I am doing my research though. Not going to chance putting my wife in a situation that is dangerous. I wont be upset if we go to Spain instead and I go to Africa by myself later on

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Thats what happens when the world backs communists and people who never invented the wheel. Same story in Rhodesia

I am doing my research though. Not going to chance putting my wife in a situation that is dangerous. I wont be upset if we go to Spain instead and I go to Africa by myself later on
    I hope that you have a safe trip no matter where you go.

Top Bottom