• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I polished off the last of the cowboy goulash I made a couple nights ago for breakfast this morning. We had about half a pot of the Hungarian style left over last night. I'm sure it'll be even tastier later, we'll probably have left overs for dinner tonight.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I guess just like "chili" (with beans) up north. Everything gets bastardized given enough time and distance from origin.
    Goulash notwithstanding. I've seen it as potato soup and broccoli stew but I've never seen it as mac'n'cheese, wow, thank you for opening my eyes. :)

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Wake up AX, get a InstaPot and you will retire the slow cooker. All we use ours for is queso dip cause it needs to stay warm for an extended period of time
    Why spend money replacing something that works just fine and perfectly with something newer and fancier? That just isn't how I do things. Ours works and does what we need to do. I'll replace it when it quits.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Why spend money replacing something that works just fine and perfectly with something newer and fancier? That just isn't how I do things. Ours works and does what we need to do. I'll replace it when it quits.

I wouldn't replace your slow cooker with it - but the InstantPot is a damn handy device. Ours isn't the top of the line, but it has slow cooker settings, pressure cooker settings. You can cook a lot of meals in 1/3 the time, and if you have tough cuts of meat, the pressure-cooker really tenderizes stuff.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I wouldn't replace your slow cooker with it - but the InstantPot is a damn handy device. Ours isn't the top of the line, but it has slow cooker settings, pressure cooker settings. You can cook a lot of meals in 1/3 the time, and if you have tough cuts of meat, the pressure-cooker really tenderizes stuff.
    If or when the crock pot gives up, I might look into one. But it's over twenty years old and still working every time.

Top Bottom