• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    FWIW, I did my first hunter's education class in NYS back in the mid '80s. Out of the day long 8hr class, 6.5hrs was about hunter safety. Dumbfounds me how a guy could go through that class and not care a thing about proper target ID.
    Hurley's Gold

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Not exactly "aiming at the sky". Huh?

Maybe you thought he was hunting with a WWII Liberator .45 acp single shot pistol? Probably not. As noted, that are NUMEROUS rounds that can be fired from a pistol that would not require any such silly sky aiming and be quite viable for hunting. Thompson Center makes several and there are several aftermarket barrels that would fit the build as well.

In other news...

Indicted on 2nd degree murder and hunting after hours.

http://www.post-journal.com/news/pa...indicted-arraigned-in-fatal-hunting-accident/

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Maybe you thought he was hunting with a WWII Liberator .45 acp single shot pistol? Probably not. As noted, that are NUMEROUS rounds that can be fired from a pistol that would not require any such silly sky aiming and be quite viable for hunting. Thompson Center makes several and there are several aftermarket barrels that would fit the build as well.

In other news...

Indicted on 2nd degree murder and hunting after hours.

http://www.post-journal.com/news/pa...indicted-arraigned-in-fatal-hunting-accident/
    Yer preaching to the choir.
    I'm not sure how or why you picked my post to quote.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No, sir, I have not tried hunting with a pistol-caliber short-barrel handgun out to 200yrds. Some things in life do not require experience to know it's a bad idea. I do own - and enjoy shooting - several carbines in pistol calibers. I sight them in 1" high at 50yd and they do quite well out to 100yd. Beyond that, ballistics drop like a rock.

I will concede, however, since the make and model of firearm was not specified in the news articles, it is entirely possible that said "pistol" could have been a T/C Contender or an AR barreled in rifle caliber, in which case 200yd is easily within range.

It is not a bad idea if you know what you are doing.

Ballistics do not drop like a rock beyond 100 yards.

It doesn't take a rifle caliber to make 200 yards easily within range.

Until you try shooting 200 yards with a Glock/ 1911/ revolver/ etc. you should stop showing off your ignorance of the subject.

Just because you can't shoot doesn't mean nobody else can.

Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    It is not a bad idea if you know what you are doing.

Ballistics do not drop like a rock beyond 100 yards.

It doesn't take a rifle caliber to make 200 yards easily within range.

Until you try shooting 200 yards with a Glock/ 1911/ revolver/ etc. you should stop showing off your ignorance of the subject.

Just because you can't shoot doesn't mean nobody else can.
    Merry Xmas to you, too.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I looked up NY hunting regs. They require center fire cartridge, <6 rounds, <16” barrel, and a legal pistol. No caliber requirements.

PS, I’m not claiming to be an expert, but I’ve never seen a state disallow all pistol hunting. I’m not sure you are accurate.

You can hunt wild hogs with a handgun in Kookistan. Well, at least until the folks in Sacramento ban that too, along with all the other nonsense anti-gun laws.

Jimkata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    This is not some "liberal" conspiracy... It's not anti-gun either... its anti-idiot, which this guy clearly is. It's this kind of fool, as well as those that defend him, that gives gun owners a bad name. Throw the book at him.

Top Bottom