• ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Double Naught Spy,

I suspect that this shooting was NO accident. - Perhaps he feared that the woman would report him for poaching?

Well, that makes sense. He was afraid she would report him for poaching, so he shot her after hours and reported the event and times that clearly indicate he was poaching.

OR
    He just wanted to shoot somebody that day. = LOTS of "stranger killings": turn out to be THRILL killings.

Often criminals report their evil deeds to TRY to make them look like "accidents". OR it could be that the shooter felt bad after shooting her & therefore reported the "accidental shooting".

yours, satx

OR maybe he was just poaching.

----

I see we have covered the spectrum ranging from what has been reported to this being a liberal media conspiracy propaganda campaign against gun owners for the ultimate goal of taking our guns away to this being a possible cleverly attempted disguise of a thrill kill, or possible attempt at hiding the act of poaching.

Apparently, I am not drinking enough kool-aid.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/22/h...g-her-dogs-in-chautauqua-county-deputies-say/
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/2...ly-shoots-woman-walking-dogs-in-ny-field.html

It boggles my mind that this sort of stuff keeps happening. He was hunting and was hunting illegally after hours, so he was poaching. He sees what he thinks is a deer and shoots it with his pistol, mortally wounding a woman walking her dogs. So he wrongly targeted her. I am further surprised by the fact that he was making a ~200 yard pistol shot.

Its not legal to shoot deer with a pistol in most states. You cant even use a .223 rifle
    to kill a deer here in kookistan. Has to be .24 caliber rifle or better, barring the use
    of AR-15's chambered for the .223 NATO. Hope this is more fake news.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Its not legal to shoot deer with a pistol in most states. You cant even use a .223 rifle
    to kill a deer here in kookistan. Has to be .24 caliber rifle or better, barring the use

What happens in "most states" does not matter, assuming you are correct. All that matters is what is legal in NY. In NY, you can hunt with a pistol. You can use .223 to hunt deer in most states, about 40 last I checked.

This is NOT fake news. It really happened. Rosemary is dead.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    He killed a women with a .22 pistol...from 200 yards away? He may be an idiot but he's a crack shot, that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    He killed a women with a .22 pistol...from 200 yards away? He may be an idiot but he's a crack shot, that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WTF who hunts with a .22 cal pistol and makes shots 200 yards out...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I looked up NY hunting regs. They require center fire cartridge, <6 rounds, <16” barrel, and a legal pistol. No caliber requirements.

PS, I’m not claiming to be an expert, but I’ve never seen a state disallow all pistol hunting. I’m not sure you are accurate.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I looked up NY hunting regs. They require center fire cartridge, <6 rounds, <16” barrel, and a legal pistol. No caliber requirements.

PS, I’m not claiming to be an expert, but I’ve never seen a state disallow all pistol hunting. I’m not sure you are accurate.

Texas42,

Pardon me for stating the obvious but POACHERS & other CRIMINALS don't obey game laws, any more than they respect other laws.

Probably the most common poacher's firearm here in TX is a .22LR-caliber rifle of some sort & used for "jack-lighting" WT deer.
    (in 2014, I heard of a pair of thugs who were caught with TEN poached deer, that were "jack-lighted". = The pair paid a large fine, court costs & spent a considerable period "as guests of the TDC".)

yours, satx

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Look, you are making a presumption that he’s a poacher. It’s still light out 30 minutes after dark (though fading fast).

I was simply pointing out we have no idea what caliber he was shooting. The story smells, but other than that I cannot conclude the suspect intentionally killed the victim or if this is a tragic accident based on what I’ve read.

A .22lr is unlikely given a 200 yard range, but it’s easily plausible that part of the story is inaccurate. Maybe I missed it, I don’t see Supporting evidence he’s a poacher other than hunting a little later than he’s suppose to.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Look, you are making a presumption that he’s a poacher. It’s still light out 30 minutes after dark (though fading fast).

How much light is available isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not he fired the shot after sunset which is the legal stopping time in NY state, not 30 minutes after sunset as in many other states such as Texas. He fired the shot well after sunset and law enforcement has stated it was an illegal, after hours shot.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Seems to me people are mixing up random posts from the thread with what's actually said in the article.
    This boys and girls is how rumors are spread. It's like that chain game where one thing is said and then spread to another and then another and so on. By the time is gets back to you it's a different thing.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TreyG-20,

Unfortunately, I suspect that MUCH of the "confusiuon" can be laid at the foot of the so-called "mainstream news media", who often seems to care NOTHING about facts.

That's WHY that in 2017 only 1/3 of adults trust the "news" to be FAIR, TRUTHFUL or even WELL-MEANING.
    (Trust once lost is difficult or impossible to recover.)

yours, satx

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    So again, we are blaming the media ...

No, the media has been fairly consistent on this one. They haven't mentioned Jadlowski using a .22 pistol or even the caliber of pistol he used, and yet it is being mentioned here as if he did, as with jame's and sobi's posts.

This isn't on the media. The confusion is on us, as noted by Younggun.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    On the face...NOT buying it. 200 yd kill with a pistol at dusk, clearly makes him one of the worlds best shots and just not happening IMO. I would investigate for a possible homicide. First thing I would do is put up a target 200 yds away of a person and tell him to kill hit it and see how many shots it takes...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    On the face...NOT buying it. 200 yd kill with a pistol at dusk, clearly makes him one of the worlds best shots and just not happening IMO. I would investigate for a possible homicide. First thing I would do is put up a target 200 yds away of a person and tell him to kill hit it and see how many shots it takes...
    That wouldn't prove it can't happen. Maybe he's the luckiest (or unluckiest depending on your point of view) shot at a given moment.

Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    Yap, shooter was lying through his teeth. Even with a 454 Casull, he would have to point his pistol to the sky to hit that woman at 200 yds.

Top Bottom