Hunters Education Course...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by BurkGlocker, Oct 27, 2009.

1. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I realized the other day that I have never taken my Hunter's Safety Education Course...:mad0071:

I went today and signed up, and I was expecting it to cost $50 or more. $15 later and I have a date with destiny. WOOHOO! I just dont understand why the 'old' guys get grandfathered in and us 'young' guys have to pay. :lolz:

But nevertheless, I am on my way to becoming a safe hunter... :banger:

Brad :texas:

2. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    It's just the way it is. If the "old guys" want to go out of state hunting, most states will require the course for them to get a non-resident license. My wife just had to take hers 2 weekends ago since she bought a deferment last year. It's relatively painless and a one time thing so no biggie. Have fun!

3. megafatcat

megafatcat New Member

May 22, 2009
    Because us old guys were old enough to vote when the law was passed. Now you are a safe hunter and a little wiser about the system. Welcome!

4. BurkGlocker

Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    :lolz: Sheesh, didnt think y'all would take so much offense... :p Just joshing y'all.

Yes, I am only 29, 30 come May, and yes, I am still a youngin', so hopefully no offense taken. I just glad that I can hunt in this great State. It offers so much to hunt. My main thing are deer and hog, and the occasional squirrel. I dont own a shotgun anymore, so dove and quail are out of the equation, but hopefully at tax time we can remedy that.

5. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    You are an entire 1 month older than me, so I didn't take any offense to it. I just happened to take the course 17 years ago.

6. BurkGlocker

Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I did defer for my license last year, but forgot during the off times to get it done. But now, come Friday and Saturday, I will finally be safe...

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    how much was it back then. I don't even remember the price on mine, 10 maybe. was about 10 yrs ago.

8. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I remember taking mine I think I was in 5th grade maybe 6th at the latest. Sat in the local Field and Stream office with 3 other people it was pretty fun and the instructers we had kept it interesting.