• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    Hi Guys, Well I just got my trust finished and about to pull the plug on several suppressors. I am interested Huntertown Arms line of Suppressors. Dose anyone here run one of there models and what's your verdict? I am looking at the Guardian 22 SS for my Ruger 22/45 and 10/22. Also the Kestrel 556 model for my AR. Dose anyone know of a dealer in the Houston area that stocks the Huntertown Arms line.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    They seem to get pretty good reviews online. I myself went with a Sparrow for the 22lr side of things. I am looking at picking up a Kestrel 556. I am in Dallas, so also, no assistance with the dealer, but I do know that they offer a distributor list on their website.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Collectors Firearms and Class 3 Weapons are where I bought my Huntertown cans. Class 3 will eFile, which is nice. They had plenty of the Guardian 22
    cans in stock, but no Kestrel cans the last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago). Their prices are a little high in my opinion and they charge a document prep fee, which is a flat fee no matter how many cans you buy. So if you plan to buy multiples, try to buy them all at once.

Check the HA website for other options. I also bought some through Arms Express, which is a home based dealer. He had to order the cans from HA first, which slowed down the process.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Supposedly theyre pretty hard to get product from so a lot of dealers have problems keeping them in stock unless its a real low volume dealer. They have a good warranty and make decent cans but IMO Id save a little more money and get some better cans. For rimfire get a sparrow or spectre, and depending on your needs for a centerfire can there are all kinds of ways to go. If I was new to cans right now Id be getting a 7.62 saker. It can do everything with its interchangeable MAAD unit allowing you to run any muzzle device, has a great proprietary muzzle device and you can change it to a direct thread for precision work as well. Just a jack of all trades but it is expensive which Im guessing since youre looking at the huntertown arms line youre probably not wanting to spend a lot. The silencerco harvester is a cheap thread on that ahs had great reviews, and the specwar line IMO is there best bang for the buck in the QD market.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    PS- I have a Kestrel 556, which I like. It is my first and only can right now. Waiting on stamps for the others. I haven't run 556 through it, but it works great with .22!

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    Thanks Guys for the help, I found Capitol Armory ( a site sponcer ) and am about order a Specwar 556 and a Sparrow. Just waiting on some signatures to come back and the order will be place.

jiannichan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Little Elm/Frisco
    I am actually considering getting either a Hunterstown because of the price and the fact that it is user serviceable. A LGS maybe 7 minutes from my house is about to stock up on 20 different suppressors for display. A local gun range keeps SilencerCo in stock and if you buy from them, you are allowed to use them in the range while you're waiting for the stamp. I just wished they carried other brands.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo

Forum statistics