Hunting a drainage ditch

Dust

Nov 24, 2008
Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
When I was a kid we used to bring our air guns down to the drainage ditches and shoot at whatever was down there. As a kid, anything was okay, but now that I am grown-up, I don't know if it is legal or not. Anyone know if it is legal? I would guess it is public property, but I don't know for sure. Who would I contact?

You can see it here

33°50'29.29"N
98°38'14.60"W

dbgun

TGT Addict
Mar 17, 2008
Houston, TX.
When I was a kid we used to bring our air guns down to the drainage ditches and shoot at whatever was down there
Same here. That's why I make sure my 10 yr. old daughter always has plenty of targets (coke cans, clay targets, water balloons, etc.) when I let her shoot her BB gun in the back yard or at the deer lease.

redbeard

Jun 21, 2009
Corpus Christi
I did the same thing growing up in Weslaco. Lots of rabbits along those drainage ditches. I would even walk downtown Weslaco and shoot pigeons out of palm trees in front of stores on Texas Blvd. Dont think you could get away with that now.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
TGT Supporter
May 12, 2009
I did the same thing growing up in Weslaco. Lots of rabbits along those drainage ditches. I would even walk downtown Weslaco and shoot pigeons out of palm trees in front of stores on Texas Blvd. Dont think you could get away with that now.

wow! that sounds like loads of fun

Sniper John

Aug 22, 2009
North Texas
When I was a kid we used to bring our air guns down to the drainage ditches and shoot at whatever was down there. As a kid, anything was okay, but now that I am grown-up, I don't know if it is legal or not. Anyone know if it is legal? I would guess it is public property, but I don't know for sure. Who would I contact?

You can see it here

33°50'29.29"N
98°38'14.60"W
Public or private, you would have to find out who owns it to get permission. If it is public, there are probably some written rules by whoever the controlling authority of the land is. Not worth the risk if you do not know. Risking "hunting without permission" and "tresspassing with a weapon" as examples. If I am hunting up a landowner, I just ask the persons living closest to the land I am inquiring about.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members