Hunting in Houston Area

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by Dcav, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Dcav

Dcav TGT Addict

Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Just moved here from NY, and have heard alot of things like hunting requires land leases, and it is too exspensive to hunt in Texas. Figured you guys/gals would know the correct info. NY for one of the few good things has state managed land for public hunting. Hog hunting sounds like a blast, and usually white tail deer-hunted annually while living in NY. Some small game here and there. Thanks for any info.

2. Deepfried

Deepfried New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    streetman
    Here's a start http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/
    I would love to have people come on my place and kill hogs. The only problem is it's a campground. Not many campers this time of year but they wouldn't want people they didn't know spotlighting around them. They don't mind me doing it cause they know I'm crazy.

3. Dcav

Dcav TGT Addict

Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Thanks for the link deepfried, good info there. And is hog hunting a night thing for the most part? Dont have any anywhere near NY (that i ever heard of anyways)

4. Deepfried

Deepfried New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    streetman
    Hogs mainly roam at night. They wouldn't last long if they came out all day. You can see them every once in awhile crossing a road but there is usually heavy brush on each side.