• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dkrupela

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Temple, TX
    Looking for a year long hunting lease w/in approximately an hour Of Belton for deer/feral hog/dove.
    For those who have used hunting leases what can I expect as far as cost, restrictions, etc.
    What should I watch out for?

Thanks - dkrupela
    Target Sports

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I could write a novel on what to expect.
    It can be all over the map.
    Been on great leases and been in really bad situations.

My biggest fear are the other hunters.
    Having my lease neighbor 400 yds away and being a drunk is not a good situation.

I feel good where I'm at now.
    1200 acres, 3 hours away, eight guns, near Pedernales Falls State Park, rifle season only, electricity provided, park my trailer there year round, two bucks and now two does - $1350/gun.
    Been on it 4 years and I'm the FNG. Most are 10 year+.

Toured a 4000ac place near Graham that borders Possum Kingdom lake.
    Everything is provided except for the gun and food.
    Arrive and hunt 1 of 30 hunting plots.
    $3500 and is an MDB property. So the season is from Oct 1 through March 1.
    If you don't own a blind, feeders and an RV, it's quite reasonable.

Last edited:

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I'm 2 hours from Austin. 1000 acres with 10 other guys. Rifle season only. 1 doe, 1 spike and 1 10pt or better if you can find him. Water and electric - bring a trailer. Existing stands and feeders; first come first served. $3k per gun including corn. No guests.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Or hunt out of state. I hunted in Arkansas as well as Texas this year.

The hunt club I belong to in Arkansas is $500 per year on 1200+ acres of timber company land.There are a total of seven of us on it and two only hunt opening weekend.

My non resident hunting license was $350. I killed six deer and never set up a blind or a feeder.

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    I'm 2 hours from Austin. 1000 acres with 10 other guys. Rifle season only. 1 doe, 1 spike and 1 10pt or better if you can find him. Water and electric - bring a trailer. Existing stands and feeders; first come first served. $3k per gun including corn. No guests.

That seems high. I figured for $3k you would have more acres or less hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    $3k for 1k acres with only 10 hunters is cheap for hill county. I know folks paying that much for a fraction of the acreage with more hunters.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The hunt club I belong to in Arkansas is $500 per year on 1200+ acres of timber company land.There are a total of seven of us on it and two only hunt opening weekend.
    Yep, I grew up in LA and it was basically the same there. Leases are really expensive here.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yep, I grew up in LA and it was basically the same there. Leases are really expensive here.

I really see no downside to hunting out of state. Takes me about 7 hours to get to camp. 1200 acres of which less that 200 are hunted, no restrictions other than the ones imposed by the state on the deer I can shoot, I get six deer tags( 2 buck 4 doe, or all does if I want) and the cost is $850 a year ( that is including my non resident hunting license) and I have year round access)

Why would I pay thousands to shoot only deer picked by someone else here in Texas and only have limited access?

ScS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    saline
    Or hunt out of state. I hunted in Arkansas zone13.ell as Texas this year.

My non resident hunting license was $350. I killed six deer and never set up a blind or a feeder.

Timber company land, hogs, and lots of deer. Let me guess- zone12. I live in and hunt zone13.
    I hunted in Ouachita county for years but have my own a little more north these days. Sounds like your in good shape because good leases are hard to find these days.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Timber company land, hogs, and lots of deer. Let me guess- zone12. I live in and hunt zone13.
    I hunted in Ouachita county for years but have my own a little more north these days. Sounds like your in good shape because good leases are hard to find these days.
    Yep. Cleveland County.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    I really see no downside to hunting out of state. Takes me about 7 hours to get to camp. 1200 acres of which less that 200 are hunted, no restrictions other than the ones imposed by the state on the deer I can shoot, I get six deer tags( 2 buck 4 doe, or all does if I want) and the cost is $850 a year ( that is including my non resident hunting license) and I have year round access)

Why would I pay thousands to shoot only deer picked by someone else here in Texas and only have limited access?

I have been trying to find someplace for me and my daughter to hunt. That sounds awesome, I might have to look into out of state.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom