• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GULFPILOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    What are the restrictions for hunting within the city limits? My parents live in San Antonio and their house backs up to a greenbelt. I routinely see 8-10 point bucks behind their home. Deer routinely come INTO their rear yard through some missing fence boards that backs up to the greenbelt and bed down. The greenbelt consists of an approximately 1000 yard "pipeline" that runs into some nearby woods. The pipeline runs between our subdivisions rear yards and the neighboring subdivisions rear yards. I would venture to guess that it's illegal and neighbors wouldnt take it so good if someone was to step into the greenbelt and let go a 30.06 round. What are the restrictions within the city limits, specifically for San Antonio/Bexar County. Thanks
    Hurley's Gold

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    City Ordinance (fine only offense)-You cannot discarge a firearm within the city limits of San Antonio. (exception would be if you were defending you life or that of a 3rd party)

If you do fire a gun in the city you COULD face a "Deadly Conduct" charge (recklessly discharging a firearm in the direction of habitation) as well, which would land you in jail.

In addition, it is illegal to hunt on someones property without their permission. Since you dont own the greenbelt and dont have permission to hunt there....you would be committing a state jail felony...this also ends with you in jail.

Those deer are there BECAUSE nobody shoots at them....

Enjoy the view, but dont pull the trigger.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I JUST had a conversation with someone from the City Attorney's office in SA. {On the subject of SA implementing a feral hog management plan} and I was told that the ONLY people who can legally discharge a firearm inside the city limits is a Peace Officer or a Commissioned Secutity Officer.

SA has some goofy city ordinances. You can not carry a lock blade knife within the city limits of any size.

peyton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    It does piss me off that the only way you can harvest a deer in San Antonio is with your car. A co-worker hit a buck in the middle of San antonio, damage estimate is $2,800.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    hmmm... it's my understanding that you can't legally harvest roadkill.

You can, you just have to call TPWD{ Game Warden} and get a processing number so when you take it in you don't get reported {or if you get stopped with it in the back of your truck you don't get arrested.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom