blah delete blah

Last edited:

deadeye1964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    GRAPEVINE
    I noticed that, too...

Nice, when one of our Senators fails to act decisively against this threat.

Jeff B.

She is Washington. I do not understand how anyone can vote for her for Texas Governor but then again, I do not understand how people voted for Hussein for President.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I've wrote her on numerous issues the past years and never had her respond or vote in a common sense manner(my opinion) I would never vote for her as governor. She votes as the wind blows.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'm sure you've all heard about Acorn by now. The other day the U.S. Senate turned down Acorn for the upcoming census. Now the Senate voted against giving Acorn funding and guess what Senator running for Texas Governor failed to vote either way on this corruption?

Kay Baily Hutchinson.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Is it just automatically assumed she was sitting at her desk playing solitaire on the computer?

Look at the big names that did not vote:

Burr (R-NC)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Coburn (R-OK)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Hutchison (R-TX)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Vitter (R-LA)

How about write her an ask?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If she's afraid to hide behind 99 other senators, she'll be afraid to stand on her own.

KBH is a no go. Don't care what her excuse for not voting is.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    And your point?

This is a Texas forum taking about a candidate for Texas governor. There isn't anything we as Texans can do about some Senator in Maryland or Arizona. So we need to focus on our own backyard.

My point was devil's advocate. The post was made to blindly attack Hutchison without doing any homework on whether or not her not being present to vote was for a legitimate reason or not. To continue to point fingers in such an errant way makes one look ignorant. In an effort to make a point, to save folks from looking ignorant or doing the pathetic 'hindsight is 20/20', I figure you might as well try to know what you're talking about before spouting off very loudly.

Focus on your own back yard. Not sure why you think otherwise.

But the point is, KNOW about the topic you spout. Don't just spout it. Makes you look stupid if you don't. Then all you'll be known for is being a loud mouth.

How's that for a point?

Edit: forgive me, I've had a couple margaritas tonight. But I'm growing tired of the stiff attitude I see on this forum. Not that its unfamiliar or I don't like in a some way, I saw the same in our home growing up. My point is just know the ins and outs of your side of the argument. Makes it easier to defend. Curiosity got me as to why Hutchison would miss that vote. And I see other names that missed it too. So naturally I ask "why?".

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I've sent her 3 different emails asking her questions about various things and haven't recieved a single reply so the hell with her.I'm voting for Debra Medina.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I sent an email last night specifically asking if she was in Washington for the vote. If not, why not? If so, WTF (I'm paraphrasing here)?

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Without any reservation,

I second that motion. Figuratively speaking, she is DOA as to my vote.

And your point?

This is a Texas forum taking about a candidate for Texas governor. There isn't anything we as Texans can do about some Senator in Maryland or Arizona. So we need to focus on our own backyard. Texas under Rick Perry has done well over the last 8yrs. The United States under control of people like Kay Baily Hutchinson equals a tragic horror story.

Deuce Coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Livingston
    On the Hutchison vote, this issue was too important to miss. These Acorn people are nothing but commies and thugs doing Hussien's bidding. Time to get them out and while we are at it, it is time to clean out Washington DC.

I still like tar & feathers.

Pete

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    From a purely political point of view, I can't understand why she missed the opportunity to vote on this. If anything, I would think she would have made every effort to cast a vote to talk about in the campaign. It wouldn't have cost her much in terms of voter support in her campaign - I doubt there are very many ACORN supporters in her base of likely voters anyway. Now she's gift-wrapped a talking point her opponents will use against her in the upcoming campaign. Like Shorts said, there may be a plausible explanation, but it had better be a good one. I don't see why she would have thought sitting out this vote would help her in any way.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I emailed her and asked what she was thinking not voting on this important issue, and that such thinks make impossible for responsible Texans to vote for her has governor. I don't expect anything but an automated reply. <sigh>

spence76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    El Paso
    She is only running for Governor because she wants to get out of Washington but still wants the power over people. She doesn't actually care what happens here. I like Perry myself, besides anyone with a Full auto, SBR, with a Can on it has my vote just for the fact he supports the 2A. Just my

Top Bottom