• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Replied to add, when replacing these batteries there is some computer based shut down processes and a form to be filled to determine transportability. The one I did was clean cut "safe for transport"

We have another sitting in the center of a safe space that failed with a particular fault that renders it "not safe for transport". In this case there is a particular contact that we have that will set specific time based recheck with a manual tester. If the unit remains in the not safe category, they "the manufacture" will send a particular special fire box to pack it in for transport. It will then require some special transport by ground as it could go nuclear at any time I guess.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it was made by the same folks who made the Samsung Note 7's :laughing:

I had one of those phones. I loved it. Bastards made me send it back, and gave paultry credit toward a lesser phone. They sent a special fireproof box for it to be shipped back, and had to be sent via ground transport. I guess FAA regs prohibit lithium batteries from being sent in the cargo section of a plane? I dunno, I don't see why I could fly with my phones & tablets but yet, the "bad" (mine had zero issues) phone had to go ground.
    Texas SOT

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    NERDS!!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

z7xw6.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm not worried about it. If I can fix a Jag, I can fix anything :laughing:

I'm not interested in EVs or the efficiency minded hybrids anyways. I like the idea of mild hybrids that use the motor to fill in the torque curve, but I haven't seen one yet I'm interested in buying.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm not worried about it. If I can fix a Jag, I can fix anything :laughing:

I'm not interested in EVs or the efficiency minded hybrids anyways. I like the idea of mild hybrids that use the motor to fill in the torque curve, but I haven't seen one yet I'm interested in buying.
    You can fix a jag? Now that I gotta see

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The first thing my auto shop teacher said as a freshman was if you want to be a successful auto tech absolutely refuse to allow any jaguar vehicles anywhere near your shop.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wait. You found a way to keep a jag from sprouting a leak?
    Yeah the fix for that is to re-machine all surfaces to your own specs with modern equipment instead of the crap they used left over from the start of the industrial revolution.

Actually since the mid 90s it's been more of a problem keeping the electrons from leaking out of their ambitious yet primitive electronic control network.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Lately there have many sources pushing the EV - power companies, vehicle manufacturers, politicians.
    If they were an improvement over the gasoline automobiles, consumers would be lined up to purchase them. They may be practical for someone driving a few miles per day but it would be difficult to travel several hundred miles due to charging requirements.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They're ALL pushing them....they'd love to force the general population into mass transit on the longer trips...it'd devastate a wide swath of the leisure travel market in the smaller communities. But as usual, the politicians could care less.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The market didn’t ask for them.

EV’s are 100% being mandated by the .gov
    And not just ours, but every Western .gov

Companies are pushing for them, because they need to create demand to buy them.

Make no mistake, nearly all new-vehicle investment $$$ by carmakers is for EVs.

ICE will live on for quite some time, but will be a gradually decreasing percentage of sales moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Mass Transit for a long trip from Houston does not work to go anywhere east with the exception of Flying. I have tried on Multiple occasion to Take a train to see my family in Williamsburg (about an hour south Richmond VA). My choices are get on a bus at amtrak station downtown to Tyler Texas. then Train to Chicago , Train to Washington DC, wait overnight train to Richmond then Williamsburg. about 2.5 days of travel time. Or Drive to New Orleans train to Jacksonville FL Train to Richmond, VA about 2.5 travel days. the cost is at least double of an airline ticket. plus an extra day and a half . While a bus would be cheaper it would take about 2.5 days as well. I never really looked

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Another thing about EV's. They don't pay any fuel tax. Fuel taxes make up the majority of the funds used for building and maintaining our roads. If the powers that be keep pushing EV's, they are going to have to come up with a new tax.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Another thing about EV's. They don't pay any fuel tax. Fuel taxes make up the majority of the funds used for building and maintaining our roads. If the powers that be keep pushing EV's, they are going to have to come up with a new tax.

Hasn't there been some talk of a "mileage tax" for EVs?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The conversation I've heard on a mileage tax was an additional tax on conventional vehicles, Some of our representatives have never seen a tax they didn't like.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Years ago, they wanted OBD4. The computer in your vehicle would auto report any pollution control failure. (And also report the last 30Min of vehicle speed). This was overruled.
    Taxing miles travelled is a THINLY veiled attempt track every vehicle all the time! They will just call it OBD5.

Top Bottom