• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If it is "openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person" (per GC §411.171), it could be an issue.

There is no "semi-concealed," a handgun is either concealed or it isn't!
    Lynx Defense

F14Scott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Katy
    What you described is concealed carry and is already allowed in Texas.

Yes, I agree. However, under current TX CCW law, I am carrying concealed up to the point where someone external to me decides that I am not. Is it a hoplophobe citizen witness who sees my gun under my blazer when it flaps open and makes a "man with a gun" call? Is it a LEO who sees it and decides to go on a fishing expedition? I'd rather not deal with either.

What I mean by "semi-concealed" is, in actuality, open carry that I have draped some clothes over. In other words, I am carrying concealed according to *my* standards, not anyone else's.

So, if I want to OC but keep my gun hidden with a T-shirt that rides up a little, I can do it without pulling the shirt down 5,000 times a day. If I am OC under a blazer, concealing for most of the day, I can choose to take the blazer off at lunch or in my car, and not worry about it.

See what I mean?

MrZ2u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Pflugerville
    I am inclined to think that Joe Public would get used to seeing OC pretty quick. Still, I think that what may be a good idea is to issue a “badge” of sorts that is clearly different from any LE and could never be confused as such and have it displayed adjacent to the weapon…you know, kind of like those plain clothes LE type people do now…seems like it could work.

I personally would like the idea of not accidentally getting in trouble “reaching for Wheaties” and such. Perhaps if they could just soften that part at least then OC might not be as “necessary” if you consider it that way.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So there would finally be a use for one of these
    yjerygys.jpg

Top Bottom