• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    We were all sitting around in lawn chairs along a tree line facing a plowed field when a guest of one of the other hunters abruptly raised his shotgun and shot roughly 50 yards down the tree line from where we were sitting. We thought it was a bird on a the ground that must have slipped by and he responded it was a turtle. Incredulous, me and a couple other hunters walked down where he shot and found what he was shooting at. An Ornate Box Tortoise. He was limp in his shell which was cracked and oozing blood but he was still alive. Eye was put out with pellet wounds in his legs and neck. I patched his shell not thinking he would survive but he did.

What an azzhole. Why do some people feel the need or desire to shoot something harmless (and actually beneficial) like a tortoise?
    Guns International

Last edited:

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    What an *******. Why do some people feel the need or desire to shoot something harmless (and actually beneficial) like a tortoise?

I call those "whimsical hunters" those that just hunt on a whim...when the intended game isn't readily available they will shoot at anything. When the show themselves they go on the "spreadsheet" for future hunts!!

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    What an azzhole. Why do some people feel the need or desire to shoot something harmless (and actually beneficial) like a tortoise?

I wondered the same, it probably boils down to not being taught any different. Everyone in my family hunted and we were taught to show respect to life and land. Without proper guidance, hunters don’t know any better.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I’ve eaten a monster turtle. It was tasty.

Damn good thing someone else prepared it. I’d hit Dairy Queen Chicken Fingers before I’d kill a turtle to eat.

PrymeTyme37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2019
    San Antonio
    You said:

That alone makes his claim that you are wrong valid and correct.

You say you took notes in your LTC class? You probably did and got poor information. There are a lot of instructors out there who pass on bad info to their students. Mine claimed The motorist protection act didn’t allow me to carry in a vehicle I didn’t own so it’s understandable if you were given false information by someone who you should be able to trust.

The issue many have here with your statement is that it paints with an extremely broad brush. The number of variables that could be applied to what you posted are nearly infinite making it very easy to look at the post and come up with numerous situations in which you may see someone as a threat but would have absolutely no legal reason to take any kind of action against them. And more situations where taking action could land you in a very bad situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what may be misunderstood is I am speaking on the situation that I was replying to. If I were to be selling someone something in a public location and out of nowhere he shows a gun, that is illegal. And apparently, someone thinks that I shouldn't feel threatened if someone were to pull a gun on me out of nowhere. This is what my post on "opinions" was talking about. If I feel threatened, that is how I feel. No one can say that I'm wrong about how I say that I feel.

Top Bottom