Join TexasGunTalk

Hypothetically speaking ...

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by mitchntx, Sep 25, 2013.

1. mitchntx

mitchntx Sarcasm Sensei TGT Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    SW of FW
    Let's say, as an example, a person orders 300 rounds of ammo on-line, it ships and after arrival, there are 600 rounds in the box.

What would TGT do?

2. Blind Sniper

Blind Sniper Well-Known

Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Contact the company and explain the situation.

3. grumper

grumper Well-Known

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Depends. Did the person who bought it contact the company and try to cancel the order or part of the order, and despite repeated attempts and reassurances from customer service the order was indeed canceled/changed get sent the stuff anyway?

If that's how it went down, keep it. GRRR I got a bunch of shit lying around unopened from various companies where this exact thing happened.

If the company didn't FU the order and just accidentally sent extra stuff, guess call them and find out what's going on.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Grab a bottle of Tequila, start taking shots, and count again. Repeat until the numbers on the invoice match the rounds in the box, then go to bed happy.

Seriously I would contact the seller and see what they want to do. We would expect them to be honest and do the right thing if the mistake was the other way.

5. mitchntx

mitchntx Sarcasm Sensei TGT Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    SW of FW
    The above person in the example is a complete dumb-ass.
    The hypothetical order was for six 100-round count lots not six 50-round boxes.

Thanks for playing this simulated game.

6. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That's funny.

7. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere TGT Supporter

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    So you are, hypothetically, of course, saying they accidentally doubled the amount ordered. Correct? Karma and honesty would say a phone call is in order. Particularly if you are a frequent customer of said company. In my experience, the rewards for honest actions are not always immediately apparent but they do arrive in bulk. Or you could just do whatever...

8. TxDad

TxDad TGT Addict

Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Call and make it right. Someone's job could be at stake over it. Thats probably extreme, but if you made an honest mistake wouldnt you want someone to step up and do the right thing?

9. SR9TEX

SR9TEX Active Member

Sep 23, 2013
    I would keep an extra item in most cases if its double on a low cost item as I have tried to do the right thing in the past but odds are they say keep it.But if its somthing of higher value such as ammo I would call them back and let them decide.

10. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    What? you just said he ordered 300 rounds.