Hurley's Gold

I’m about to dip into the world of Sig P320. Is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    AIM Surplus has LEO Trade ins of the full size for $415. Want to throw the new Wilson Combat frame onto it. Pretty sweet pistol for $500.

Or I can get a NIB version without the night sights and with an extra mag for $450.

My carry is a Glock 22 w/ 357 Sig conversion barrel, and I’m not really a 9mm guy. Have a CZ75, Glock 19 and a FNP9C, Sig SP2022 and I don’t carry any of them, though none is a bad choice IMO.

I want to see what the fuss is about the Sig P320. Should I go for it? Maybe I should get rid of the Gen4 G19 which has given me two BTF scars on my face?

Those who own a P320 or have owned one, what say you?
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    No. I have seen multiple sigs rust, after only a few weeks, rust to the point of being non-functional, and have heard of probably a dozen similar experiences.

Its a complex design for a striker fired handgun

It is accurate and has a good trigger.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Well, I am not a striker fire type of guy, or polymer guy either. I have been a metalhead
    IMG_20220117_182223531.jpg
    in more ways than one. At the range about 4 weeks ago I shot my first P320. The trigger has been worked on but who? I don't know. Ameriglo sight , Wilson Combat frame, extended slide stop , and Lone Wolf Alfawolf extractor has been since installed. 400+ rounds thru it without a glitch . I crossed over to the dark side . It shoots better than any striker fired pistol I have ever shot. It has become my edc. There are early issues with the 320 that seams to be addressed. Do you research and make an informed decision. I don't regret mine.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    They are fantastic pistols. Except for the high end models, the factory trigger is a bit sloppy (think Glock), but there are several aftermarket triggers that will fix that up very nicely.

For me, the telling thing about the P320 is the test of time. I've found that I take P320s to the shooting range more often than any other pistols (except a particularly good 1911). They shoot extremely well, and they are extremely easy to clean and maintain.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I thought the p320 with the original fat sig trigger was one of the most accurate pistols I had ever owned, I sent mine in to get the recall and could not stand the thin blade trigger that was put on. I sold it right after that

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    AIM Surplus has LEO Trade ins of the full size for $415. Want to throw the new Wilson Combat frame onto it. Pretty sweet pistol for $500.

Or I can get a NIB version without the night sights and with an extra mag for $450.

My carry is a Glock 22 w/ 357 Sig conversion barrel, and I’m not really a 9mm guy. Have a CZ75, Glock 19 and a FNP9C, Sig SP2022 and I don’t carry any of them, though none is a bad choice IMO.

I want to see what the fuss is about the Sig P320. Should I go for it? Maybe I should get rid of the Gen4 G19 which has given me two BTF scars on my face?

Those who own a P320 or have owned one, what say you?
    First there are no issues with new or Sig fixed P320 pistols
    Second I would go for the new pistolif it has the Ajax trigger, well worth the extra bucks unless you are strictly a self defense / combat shooter
    Third get the Siglite sights
    AND I have many pistols and have had hundreds, the P320 is great for older shooters I have the VTAC version and love it

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    First there are no issues with new or Sig fixed P320 pistols
    Second I would go for the new pistolif it has the Ajax trigger, well worth the extra bucks unless you are strictly a self defense / combat shooter
    Third get the Siglite sights
    AND I have many pistols and have had hundreds, the P320 is great for older shooters I have the VTAC version and love it
    There was at least one lawsuit involving "upgraded" guns.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I bought a full size P320 about 3 years ago, just to see what all the hype was about, and it was a deal I couldn't pass up. Now I have several P320's including the X5 Legion. In all those times, the only actual issue I had was an extractor falling out while I was shooting. That issue was self imposed, because I kept putting the retaining pin in backwards.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I have one, want to sell it, just haven't posted it as such yet. It was/is a first version that was sent back under the recall a short time back. I had handled and fondled a few here and there, and thought I was going to love it. I don't. Under live fire, the grip angle and trigger feel weird and wrong. I think I put about about two boxes of ammo. down the pipe, cleaned it, and put it in the safe until I sent it in under the recall. It's been sitting there since I got it back. It was a mistake for me to buy it.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No. I have seen multiple sigs rust, after only a few weeks, rust to the point of being non-functional, and have heard of probably a dozen similar experiences.

Its a complex design for a striker fired handgun

It is accurate and has a good trigger.
    Rust? I bought this P320 in 2014, a few months after it came out. When a friend of mine got his P320 the trigger modification (misfire prevention) done, I didn't like the trigger, so this one has not been modified. I just try not to throw it around. As far as rust? I have yet to see any, but maybe it's defective. I still think it's one of the best modular designed (able to change calibers without buying a new gun) pistols out there.

0121221637.jpg
    0121221637a.jpg

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I took a HIGHLY upgraded P320 Legion in partial trade last year for some reloading equipment. Pic at bottom of this post.

It had a TON of upgrades- I don't think that there were any stock parts left. I sold it for over $2500 on gunbroker in July of this last year.

It ran better than any Glock I've ever owned/fired. It was as accurate as any upgraded G34 I've ever fired.

The trigger was not exactly amazing when compared to any 1911 I've ever fired, but it was at least 10 Germanic-engineered steps ahead of any Glock.

My bottom line on P320s: Nice guns. Better than Glocks from a purely shooting/action pov. Becoming more common, still not as common as Glocks. If you like good triggers, and have a 1911, don't bother.

If you're not a 1911 trigger snob, or if you think Glock triggers are fine (even upgraded glock triggers make me mad) then you will love the P320- especially if you spend a bit of time smoothing it out and upgrading it.

I like them more than Fn polymer guns. More than glocks... but I still have some glocks because of the ubuiquity.

03C5A43C-ECC1-4A45-BC3E-5470061E8EED_1_201_a.jpeg

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Rust? I bought this P320 in 2014, a few months after it came out. When a friend of mine got his P320 the trigger modification (misfire prevention) done, I didn't like the trigger, so this one has not been modified. I just try not to throw it around. As far as rust? I have yet to see any, but maybe it's defective. I still think it's one of the best modular designed (able to change calibers without buying a new gun) pistols out there.

View attachment 300096 View attachment 300097
    Yes, rust.

The sig also has a rather flimsy ejector that is integral to the chassis, and can be easily damaged.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've seen case hardened guns hold up to rust better than a lot of sigs.

I'd forgive it if it were a fancy blued all steel pistol, but its not. Its a duty grade polymer handgun
    Well, I know plenty of people that own Sigs, myself included, and that's the first I heard of rust issues. Maybe we're just lucky.

Top Bottom