• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, Biden's speech on Wednesday spurred me on to purchase 10 more Magpul Gen 3 AR mags and another 10 Croatian AK mags.

I hope your Croatian mags work better than mine did. The locking lugs were too high and let the mag sit low enough for the bolt to miss the back of the cartridge and override it. I'm thinking of breaking out the MIG welder and seeing if I can't make them work.

Usually the Croatians are just too tight and need a little bit of material removed from the back of the mag. Those are easy to fix. I apparently won the bad mag lottery. If you can get them to fit right, then they are supposed to be good mags.

Bulgarian steel mags or steel reinforced polymer mags are probably your best bet for cheap mags. You can usually find them for $15-$20.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I am FFL. I can look deeper than dealer inventory. I can look at distributor inventory, and it is dropping fast. Lots of stuff no longer available. When it runs out at dealer, there is no resupply. 2021 will be worse than 2020 for firearm availability. 30 days left max before inventory on common stuff is gone.
    I understand about "looking deeper". I spent 15 years as a Manufacturer's Representative in the industry. Selling to dealers and to distributors, while different, is the same in convincing them about the chances of upcoming shortages. Once the run starts on most anything, its already too late.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    The 2nd civil war, in the United States of America, will have come and be long over by the time my great-grandkids are born. In fact, I think it has already begun on a very small scale.
    I respectfully disagree on the starting yet. So far, I think we have witnessed a very unique coup-de-ta in world history. 5-6 years plus in the making, primarily one sided violence, and MSM proving the propaganda to reflect the opposite of what happened and is happening. Maybe I just don't consider it a war until the resistance is equally violent.

Top Bottom